Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Estudio 205L,255,305,355,455 rant

Anyone else disappointed in this series? I have had more customers break stuff on this machine, just clearing jams than any other. It just seems cheap to me. Maybe Toshiba wants to put a stop to the resale market, I will hate to see what these look like after a five year lease is up. I probably got spoiled by the e45-453 series(s).

Service Manager 100+ Posts Claudio's Avatar
    I have 1 of these in the field for about a year (not overly used-averaging 50k yearly).
    So far 1 call for minor stuff. the spring on the lcc stack separator popped off causing the lcc to detect paper not loaded properly.
    The way that spring sits there does seem like it could have been designed better...but so far working ok.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    We have lots of them out. Yes they are cheaper and junky looking/feeling. But we have had very very few calls on them so far. The front door is just stupid. All plastic and doesn't stay closed well and NO adjustments. They are also loud. The washer mod kit helps on the main drive unit but I have had more than one that required greasing. The "belt drive" was supposed to be quieter.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts toshibadale's Avatar
    I hate these things. Have a lot in State contracts, so I have a lot of problems. They are just cheap! They are a Jam Master, and that is not a good thing!

eppad
    we have around 20 of them in the field and no problems... once the paper output motor driver was fault.
    otherwise there are no problems...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Seem like the the end of Toshiba age

eppad
    Quote Originally Posted by minhkhanh View Post
    Seem like the the end of Toshiba age
    yep....

Dreamweaver
    Yep- it's almost as if the engineers had a contest to see how thin and brittle they could go with the plastic. Probably the same group who gave us the main charger rear terminals on the 2500c family I've been applying all the mods and it seems to help.

eppad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    Yep- it's almost as if the engineers had a contest to see how thin and brittle they could go with the plastic. Probably the same group who gave us the main charger rear terminals on the 2500c family I've been applying all the mods and it seems to help.
    oh yes... the fucking terminals -,- i dont know how much i changed...
    you can be carefully as you want... every 5. till 10. will broken -,-

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Estudio 205L,255,305,355,455 rant

There have been a lot of running quality improvements from the factory since this series was first introduced in Summer 2008. I am getting many less complaints now than I used to.

Expect to see new replacement ES models in Dec. that incorporate all these quality improvements.