Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CTH

Toshiba e-studio 25 duplex jam

I have a strange problem with this copier. It randomly jams paper in the duplex unit. The 2 paper sensors from the duplex are OK and the paper is not blocked by anything. The paper doesn't always stop in the same position. It never jams on single sided paper.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Try to set 08-685-1. It will slows productivity (ppm) in duplex but resolves the problem.

BR

CTH
    Did that. The problem was not solved. It blocked from the first copy.
    I did all the checks from the service manual regarding jams in the adu. All is fine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is the jam code E08? There was a bulletin for this jam, you will see 2 ridges on either side of the clear guide near the top. These are for pressure of that guide against the duplexor. You had to remove 2 or 3 mm with a knife on the rear side of the ridges allowing more pressure to be applied to the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    Is the jam code E08? There was a bulletin for this jam, you will see 2 ridges on either side of the clear guide near the top. These are for pressure of that guide against the duplexor. You had to remove 2 or 3 mm with a knife on the rear side of the ridges allowing more pressure to be applied to the paper.
    Yep, this is the hardware solution for the problem. I have give the easier one - software. But it seems that culprit is somewhere else. What about wiring between GH-1030 and duplex?

BR

CTH
    Thank you for the solution. I'll take a look first thing in the morning and let you know.

Technician
    Still not working. But i have seen another problem: now the paper is jam before the registration roller. And sometime when i start the copier appears "Call service" with no code error. And sometime while is running it's restarting himself. I think is crazy

While the error message or “Call for service” symbol is flashing, pressing the [CLEAR/STOP] key and
    the [8] key on the digital keys at the same time shows one of the following error codes on the copyquantity
    indicator as long as those keys are pressed.

Concerning restarting - smells like pressed/twisted cable or main board.

BR

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    you may want try replacing the motors in the duplex ,ive had problems with these before.

CTH
    Hello,

Thank you for all your replies. So far the problem has changed. It is now jamming in the registration roller. I saw an interesting aspect: the copier door is deformed. If I press onto the left side of the door, the jamming stops. Can this cause the jam in the duplex also? And can this cause another strange problem with this machine: sometimes there is no image on the paper?