Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lubanja

Estudio 2500c White Line

Hey guys I am having a very narrow, feint white line appear on my prints and copies. Its not solid, goes from edge to edge, and appears most noticeably on darker images.

I have cleaned the slit glass several times, checked to see if there are any spots on the Black toner drum, and cleaned a small black toner smudge from the underside of the drum. None of which have worked.

Is there any thing else I can try?

I would check the laser unit. sometimes you need to open these up and clean dust of the mirrors.

lubanja
    that sounds comlpicated. any tips/things I definitely should not do while opening the laser unit?

it's not to bad to do, just follow the instructions on disassembly instructions, then pull the cover off and wipe everything down. You can usually see the dust right away. sometimes you need to clean the laser slit glass with some alcohol.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Those thin white lines can also be caused by buildup under the doctor (leveler) blade. Can't be seen unless you pull the drum section away from the developer sleeve. If running the slit glass cleaner bcak and forth a few times dosen't clean it up, I would check here. You can narrow the suspect drum...(usually black) by running single color copies of Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow to see if the lines are there. Emujo

Azman
    take out laser and clean the inside mirrors. not very difficult. but gently.
    good luck.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Estudio 2500c White Line

I like Emujos suggestion. These lasers stay clean most of the time. But the mag roller/ doctor blade always playing up.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I'd bet on the doctor blade. Usually the mag roller needs to be scotch-brite-ed every once in a while also.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.