Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    stevetosh

Toshiba E-studio 280 replace toner issue

Hi folks, I just bought a 280 copier (used) and it printed fine for about 60 pages, then it displayed an error replace toner, I pulled the old one out, and it still had plenty in it, but I replaced it with a new one anyway.

It still displays the same error. Ive pulled the whole drum assembly out and looked inside at the toner reservoir, and it is full, I pulled the sensor from under neath to make sure its clear and it was fine as well..

My question, what could the problem possibly be, I even hand filled the machine reservoir completley, it went through its initiation cycle, then flashes replace toner cartridge

Any help would be greatly appreciative

Steve

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetosh View Post
    Hi folks, I just bought a 280 copier (used) and it printed fine for about 60 pages, then it displayed an error replace toner, I pulled the old one out, and it still had plenty in it, but I replaced it with a new one anyway.

It still displays the same error. Ive pulled the whole drum assembly out and looked inside at the toner reservoir, and it is full, I pulled the sensor from under neath to make sure its clear and it was fine as well..

My question, what could the problem possibly be, I even hand filled the machine reservoir completley, it went through its initiation cycle, then flashes replace toner cartridge

Any help would be greatly appreciative

Steve
    Deep inside toner hoper there is a sensor.
    Just clean it by remover the cover,up to toner hoper.
    Bye
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Also check the auger in the toner bottle. I have had many of these break. Some because the customer did not remove the paper from the bottle.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

stevetosh
    Thanks for the info,

The toner reciever is chock full of toner

Is there a trick to seeing if the toner auger is working, Im guessing invert it and turn the mech to see if its spinning

The only sensor I could find was under the drum assemblys toner machine resrvoir, is this the culprit

And last, paul I must say Im disappointed, I bought the manual and there is not a single refernece in there regarding toner problems

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Spock is right that's the most common problem on these and adding toner. I have seen one or two bad ATDC sensors. If the coupler on the back of the toner pulls off the toner then it's broke and can't really be fixed. You can also turn the toner bottom side up and open the little white door and turn the coupler and see if the auger is moving (dump the toner out a little then look at it.)

The ATDC sensor is a magnetic sensor on the bottom of the developer unit. Trace the wires to find it it probably has 2 or 3 leads going to it. If it is fried it will just add toner and add toner and not think it has any. If you follow the ATDC adjustment in your newly aquired manual (05-200) and the value doesn't change or doesn't come to a stable value at the end then the sensor is probably bad as well. If it's bad and adding lots of toner then the developer hopper should be chocked full of fresh toner.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

stevetosh
    Thanks, the auger is working just fine, I flipped it over opened the discharge chute and could see it moving, the reservoir inside the the developer unit is yes chokkas, Ive removed the sensor, definetly magnetic and refitted it but it still does not work, so Im guessing this is the sensor that needs replacing or bypassing.

stevetosh
    The sensor has 4 wires to it, that doesnt make a lot of sense but hey, the part number of the sensor is TS1024Lb-39C its a tdk part, anyone got suggestions where online I can purchase one from. If I could work out the wiring that is what the four wires each do, then I could possibly bypass the sensor altogether

I tried the 05-200 test, it comes up with B value of 302 instead of 235-245, it moves a little bit up and down 304 then 302, then it comes up with statement error, no code number, So im guessing it could be the sensor thats buggered
    Last edited by stevetosh; 12-03-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    The part number is actually 6LE69634000 and it has been updated with a new one once. You wouldn't want to override the sensor because then the machine would not know how much toner to add or when to add it or when it was out of toner.... it just has to be replaced. Then run 05-200 again.

Precision Roller has them and they are expensive!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm not quite sure if this sensor was same as in eStudio 233, but once when this problem happened, I opened sensor and sprayed it with WD-40. Still works/.