Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    You can set 08-251 to 10000 and a message "Time for Periodic Maintainence" will show up every 10K. Reset by setting 08-252 to 0. This doesn't shut the copier down but you could instruct the customer to call when they see that message. I hope you don't have a lot of these out or this is all you are going to be doing!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyalbania's Avatar
    Hello ToshibaTech,

Is there any way to block the job after xxxx copies??
    Because they have told me there is a way to make it??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Not that I am aware of, unless you use department codes as described previously. I don't know how you bill over there but over here it all boils down to cost-per-copy; it would be counter intuitive to shut the copier down (at least from a profit standpoint) when the customer has copies to make.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

You are right ToshibaTech that the machine will not be shut down but in my case there are about 70 users per machine and they use the machine in a very bad way and ii i shut down they will call me to make a cleaning and to add more copies.
    The copiers i have rented are the only ones they have and use as a copier and as a printer and they will come me no doubt if the copier is blocked.

IT MUST BE A WAY TO BLOCK IT.

Ok, there is no way you can do it unless you take on board what others have said.

-Department codes with colour and b/w limits.
    -08-252 and set a PM value for 'Time for periodical maintenance' to pop up

But there isnt a way for the copier to go into 'lockdown' after X amount of copies/prints.

Personally a simple universal department code that everyone can use that set to say e.g: 20,000 copies then locks out that department code.
    I WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY FIRMWARE OR MANUALS, 2 MEMBERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS VALUABLE RESOURCE AND NOW HAVE SPOILT IT FOR THE REST.

how it is done to make an universal department code for everyone??

can you show me how.

Thank you very much for your help Brizey

Yes for sure, i am currently at the warehouse at the moment, but as soon as im back in the office i will reply and send you a few pages out of the service manual for future referance.

B.
    I WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY FIRMWARE OR MANUALS, 2 MEMBERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS VALUABLE RESOURCE AND NOW HAVE SPOILT IT FOR THE REST.

Ok now I need you to do the following

From the main copy screen follow this order.

-Press 'User Functions'
    -Then 'Counter'
    -Then 'Department Setting'
    -Enter the Admin password (123456)
    -Press 'Department Registration'
    -Select a box (eg; 001)
    -Then press 'Change'

From here you can enter the Departments name eg; User and a code. In your case you would want your customer to all use the same Dep't Code, so for example we will set up the code as the following.

Department Name: User
    Department Code: 001

So when the customer walks up to the copier they simply enter 001 and they will be able to copy upto the limit that we will set and when that limit is set they cannot make any copies, what. so. ever.

Now you will see on the screen a box that says 'Set' this is where you set the limits for both Black and Colour as you can see below.

Now press 'on' for both black and colour, and now you can set your limits to how many copies you like, 1, 7000, 10,000, 345,657, anything.

Once your done press 'enter'

Now go back to your main 'Counter' screen.

Now go to 'department management', and hit 'enable'

Press function clear twice and you will see a new screen with a space to enter the department code, this is the new home screen as you have enabled dept codes. this is also where the customer will enter their dept code, it now no longer goes to the main copy screen.

once the copy limit has been reached they wont be able to make any copies.

Hope this helps.

Brizey.

Stede
    Better yet setup a fax machine and an e-mail. After you've done this Tell your machines to send a fax or email to you with thier copy counts. You may have to go into 08 mode and turn this function on.
    But to tell you the truth, your best to try and upgrade your customers to ANYTHING ELSE... sorry a bit bitter about this model.