Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

toshiba e352 new hard drive? software needed?

ok, im new, so bear with me. i just purchased a used toshiba e352. it was missing the hard drive, because i purchased it at a bank auction and they removed the media. i have a replacement drive and put it in, but it says "can not find HDD data".

does anyone know what data or software i need to load on the hdd or where i can get it?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Toshiba's need the "firmware" flashed when replacing the hard drive. You will need a usb thumb drive (256meg - 2gig) formatted in fat not fat32. and the firmware.
    The firmware is about 60-80 megs in zipped format.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Where abouts are you in the world?

I can help you.
    I WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY FIRMWARE OR MANUALS, 2 MEMBERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS VALUABLE RESOURCE AND NOW HAVE SPOILT IT FOR THE REST.

Technician
    brizey & mr spock

thanks for the help. im located in the USA, state of Georgia. my email is wgibbs@tds.net if you want you can just email me that would be great.

how does the HD need formatted? fat32, NTFS, etc? where can i get the files for the firmware?

william

I have sent you an email step by step on how to do it. inc HDD types, USB format types and codes to update the firmware on the HDD

I have also linked you to my personal collection of current firmwares

You should be up and running on no time mate

B.
    I WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY FIRMWARE OR MANUALS, 2 MEMBERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS VALUABLE RESOURCE AND NOW HAVE SPOILT IT FOR THE REST.

Technician
    Hi there Brizey

I have a couple of studio 350/450, 230 and 232 here also. some of their hdd died and I have replace them with hdd from my spare machines. Right now, my "spare parts" machines are running low and I'm looking forward to try formatting some new harddisks with the firmware. I have a number of 40,60,80gb hdds here.

Just wonder if you could maybe send or forward me an email with the steps and some of the firmwares.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

My old post seem to have got lost in limbo..

PM me your email and I will help you out with the 232, I only have 232 firmware hosted at the moment, I can host 350/450 and 230 firmware tomorrrow.

The 230/350's are ebridge 1 machines so they are a tiny bit different when it comes to loading firmware but easy none the less.. but i'll help you out..

Hear from you soon.

B.

Technician
    i am still having problems loading the firmware. The usb key i have is 4GB and another is 8GB, is there a limit, does it have to be 2GB max? I dont know if i can find one this small, but i will look and see.....

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    I have sent you an email step by step on how to do it. inc HDD types, USB format types and codes to update the firmware on the HDD

I have also linked you to my personal collection of current firmwares

You should be up and running on no time mate

B.
    hey brizey, i didnt get this email? can you verify it and resend it again???? thanks!!!

You should have it now Will.