Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

e-studio 45 light copies

Hello!
    I have a problem with an e-studio 45. It started loosing toner (because the developer is old). I've cleaned the corona units very well, also cleaned the inside of the machine, took the developing unit and the drum unit from another working machine and put them in the first machine. Copies are still light. The drum in the second machine is new (around 500 copies) and the developer is used, but in the second machine the copies are very good (much darker then when I put them in the first machine). I've also made some prints from the computer - same situation - the first machine with the new drum prints lighter then the second machine with the used drum, so I guess it's not the optics.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks for all the help you'll give me!

TECNICO5
    Quote Originally Posted by serginho_vl View Post
    hello!
    I have a problem with an e-studio 45. It started loosing toner (because the developer is old). I've cleaned the corona units very well, also cleaned the inside of the machine, took the developing unit and the drum unit from another working machine and put them in the first machine. Copies are still light. The drum in the second machine is new (around 500 copies) and the developer is used, but in the second machine the copies are very good (much darker then when i put them in the first machine). I've also made some prints from the computer - same situation - the first machine with the new drum prints lighter then the second machine with the used drum, so i guess it's not the optics.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks for all the help you'll give me!

the problem is the bias,under the developer unit there is a peace of iron..try this

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Put back the old developing unit (the one that was spilling toner), and the copies are darker now ... So it seems the other developing unit was to blame for the light copies. I'll put the other one in and adjust the developer bias value.
    Last edited by serginho_vl; 01-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.