Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Toshiba e-studio 3530c CA00 error code

I'm working on a Toshiba for a church in the area that is having financial issues and can't pay a Toshiba tech to look at the machine, so I'm looking at it for a friend.

The machine kicks a CA00 code randomly, sometimes resets and then runs, other times it takes a few power cycles to go away. I believe this is an image registration error based on other posts I've read. I pulled the transfer assy and cleaned the 3 sensors under the belt behind the shutter with no change in symptoms. I don't know the specific details on any of the consumables, but the CQ is good in color and b/w when it does work.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

[CA00] Color registration abnormality
    <Color toner low density>
    When you check the printing status to find out that the color printing ratio is less than 5%, color toner
    low density might be the cause.
    Turn the code 08-2692 “Prevention of color toner low density / ON/OFF setting” to ON, and then set
    number of sheets to be judged at the code 08-2693 “Prevention of color toner low density / Judged
    number of sheets setting".
    If the color printing ratio is 5% or more, check the following.
    1.Check if there is any abnormality on the hand grips and rods of the main charger cleaner. Correct if
    there is.
    2.Check if the drum is rotated properly by turning the coupling of the developer unit. Correct the auger
    and the surrounding hardware if not.
    3.Check if the connectors CN337, CN346 and CN358 of the LGC board are disconnected from the
    laser optical unit or the harnesses are open circuited.
    4.Check if there is any stain or scratch on the glass surface of the laser optical unit. Clean or correct if
    there is.
    5.Check if there is any stain on the image quality sensor and Image position aligning sensors.
    6.Check if the sensor shutter is working properly.
    * If the error still occurs, check the following.
    < Invalidating color registration control >
    (1)Turn the power ON while [0] and [8] are pressed simultaneously.
    (2)Key in "4546", then press the [START] button. (08-4546: Position adjustment control / Mode setting)
    (3)Set the value to "0" (not performed automatically).
    (4)Turn the power OFF.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Almost every time you get this code it is CQ related... this is my experience. You can disable registration adjustment by setting 08 4546 to a 0. (hold 08 while powering on) This is a temporary fix and if registration gets out of wack you will manually have to run the adjustment with 05-4719. The registration sensors are the two at either end (front, rear) the image quality sensor is in the middle and causes a different error code (CE40 is most common.) So check CQ at the ends, mag rollers, charges, etc... These dust toner pretty bad so I'd suspect charges particularly at the rear causing a dark band with some developer in it (sandy feeling on page) blow them out with some canned air. Most of the time the developer gets depleted and the copies will be light if you do mono color copies CMYK of a test chart you can usually pick out what unit is causing the problem.

HTH!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Thanks for all the help. I'll take another look at it tonight after work and see what pans out from there. Thanks again.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.