Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question e-Studio Meter via eMail

Hello all, I apologize if this was posted before I didn't see it during numerous searches..

I have a fleet of 250+ Toshiba's that we are sick of running around and getting meter reads for. How do you set the machines up to email the meter readings to us? The machines currently scan to email fine, and I have notifications setup via TopAccess, but I have not been able to find where you setup emailing the meter.

Our BizHUB fleet was a snap, it's right in the webapp once you are in as administrator, but I have a feeling that there is an 08 code that needs altered to accomplish this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Depending on model there may be an 08 code.

Basically you go to User Functions > Admin > '123456' > Service and find the settings there. Pretty self explanatory; if you already have scan to e-mail setup on all of them then it's no problem. You can also set it up to fax if you run into an issue like not getting outside of that user's domain with e-mail. If there is no service button there then I guess it's an older machine and you will have to set the 08 code to make the button appear. It escapes my memory right now. When I have a manual in hand I can post it if you need it.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Technician
    Hey, thanks! The particular model that I am testing with is a 350, so it doesn't have the service button.. If you wouldn't mind posting the 08, I'd appreciate it. Our fleet has most models from the 350, to the 2830 series.. Just happens that the only ones that I get to play with is the one that is not currently installed ;-)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    e-Studio Meter via eMail

Here are the 08 codes for setting the Maintenance items..Auto Meter reads emailed.

The firmware has to be at least SYS 300
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Great! Thanks so much. I see where you set it now, but how often will it send out? I am concerned that it may only send out once a month, and if it is by schedule the unit could possibly be off during that time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    e-Studio Meter via eMail

08-770 sets which day of the month. I made an assumption you have a manual? The pdf I sent just has the updated info for the newer Firmware.

Technician
    Thanks again, I don't actually. I may be able to get access to it from our dealer on Monday. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how testing goes. Again, I really appreciate the help from you guys.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-Studio Meter via eMail

With a fleet of 250 copiers, you might want to investigate eFMS. eBridge Fleet Management System. It would simplify meter collection for you and give you graphical charts to analyze fleet productivity. eFMS is No Charge but you might be charged an annual Maintenance fee.

Technician
    We actually looked into that. It seemed to work pretty well, but we have a mixed fleet of Toshiba, Konica Minolta, and Samsung. None of the utilities out there seem to do a good job with products that aren't from their manufacturer. Plus getting all of the SNMP traps set up to route all over campus was a nightmare.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-Studio Meter via eMail

Toshiba and probably Konica Minolta support HP WebJet Admin 9.0. I do not know about Samsung. Again, a free utility.