Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Toshiba Estudio 351C

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Hi,

Here is a print out from a Toshiba Estudio 351C. I does the same in print or Copy.
    I change the secon transfer roller, it was defective (Deformed).
    I clean all optics on scanner but as we notice this is a print out. This problem doesn't belong to scanner.

I clean all fuser and inspect transfer belt, but I don't change the first transfer roller at Transfer Belt Unit. I didn't replace the Transfer Belt. I have those parts spare but I need some advice before proceed.

I didn't clean the laser lenses.

Please advice, thanks in advence.Print From Toshiba Estudio 351C English.pdf

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Start by cleaning the machine, and I mean everything. pull the transfer belt out and clean all the rollers under the belt. clean the laser glass, and check the drum,drum blade, and main charge.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba Estudio 351C

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Quick question:

I have an Imagistic machines TBU kit with cleaning blade and transfer roller. It contains one transfer roller only.
    Is the Imagistic CM3530/4530 similar to the studio 351C, may I use this kit with the Toshiba estudio 351C.

The Imagistic Kit Part number in the box said: 6LA4796810

Please advice about this.

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Start by cleaning the machine, and I mean everything. pull the transfer belt out and clean all the rollers under the belt. clean the laser glass, and check the drum,drum blade, and main charge.
    I already perform all this procedures. All was cleaned very well. I didn't touch the TBU. Just Blow out the dust on the TBU.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Take apart the TBU. Clean all the rollers with scotch brite. This may help you especially with the lighter lines I see in the image. Clean the inside of the belt with a soft clean rag and alcohol. Belt comes apart by taking off the cleaning unit, letting down the middle roller(two brackets), then moving the roller at the opposite end of the cleaner into the hole made in the frame so you have enough slack to pull the belt off. Not very clear instructions, but it is pretty obvious I think.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    Take apart the TBU. Clean all the rollers with scotch brite. This may help you especially with the lighter lines I see in the image. Clean the inside of the belt with a soft clean rag and alcohol. Belt comes apart by taking off the cleaning unit, letting down the middle roller(two brackets), then moving the roller at the opposite end of the cleaner into the hole made in the frame so you have enough slack to pull the belt off. Not very clear instructions, but it is pretty obvious I think.
    I do all of that as per you mention.
    This machine have 87,000 copies in the total counter.
    Do you recommend change any part?

That machine give me impression that was stopped for long time.
    The second transfer roller was deformed caused by constant pressure in one place for long time. I replaced and the image get better big time, but it continue with image quality issues.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Quote Originally Posted by jcontractor View Post
    I do all of that as per you mention.
    This machine have 87,000 copies in the total counter.
    Do you recommend change any part?

That machine give me impression that was stopped for long time.
    The second transfer roller was deformed caused by constant pressure in one place for long time. I replaced and the image get better big time, but it continue with image quality issues.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Is the TBU and cleaning blade of this estudio 351C the same of the Estudio 3511??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I'm pretty sure they are different. It will be obvious. One thing to consider is you will not get great color copies on this machine period. A full PM (developers, drum, charge, blades, 2nd Transfer, and THOROUGH cleaning) will get you as good as it will get and that is considered "business" color. I.E. color quality suitable for graphs, charts, text. Passable on photographs but not spectacular by any means. It shouldn't need a drum but depending on how many color copies it might need developers.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Toshiba Estudio 351C

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are different. It will be obvious. One thing to consider is you will not get great color copies on this machine period. A full PM (developers, drum, charge, blades, 2nd Transfer, and THOROUGH cleaning) will get you as good as it will get and that is considered "business" color. I.E. color quality suitable for graphs, charts, text. Passable on photographs but not spectacular by any means. It shouldn't need a drum but depending on how many color copies it might need developers.
    First. Thanks a lot for your valuable advice.
    Second, this machine have a total counter of 87,000 copies.
    I already replace the 2nd transfer roller.