Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    randy13

toshiba studio e-351c toner problem

Have a e-studio 351c that wont recognize cyan toner. put new one in and it runs and runs then says add toner. any clues

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Clean color toner sensor. It is under maintenance tray (the one with 3-wire connector).
    Check Operator manual for proper installation.
    Try with different toner cartridge.

BR

randy13
    will try thanks JR

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Have you tried the other colour toners? As the drive gears can fail. I have had the same sort of problems with other machines and it has been in most cases the toner sensor (cartridge detection) and in a couple of cases the revolver unit.

WOETC
    I may be stating the bleeding obvious but what is the error message. Is it change Cyan toner, Toner not recognised, or check toner cartridge. I've had a bunch of clients who no matter what the toner message change Cyan because it's the one on show. I also have a machine which has been trying and failing with Yellow toner for a few toners now. Whenever I've been there the toner has been clumping and wont feed properly from the auger. I don't know if we've had dicky toner, or it's just this bloody awful summer.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Some toner cartridges are or were faulty a while back. Some of the ones made in America. The shaft attached to the gear which drives the auger in the toner cartridge was just a little to small so wouldn't reach the driving gear correctly. The fix we used was to pull the gear/shaft on the toner cartridge as far as you can within in reason and put an E clip around the plastic shaft where it leaves the toner cartridge preventing it from moving back. I have had this only happen with cyan toners myself. It never occurred to me until you mentioned dicky toners.

Vinder

Re: toshiba studio e-351c toner problem

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Some toner cartridges are or were faulty a while back. Some of the ones made in America. The shaft attached to the gear which drives the auger in the toner cartridge was just a little to small so wouldn't reach the driving gear correctly. The fix we used was to pull the gear/shaft on the toner cartridge as far as you can within in reason and put an E clip around the plastic shaft where it leaves the toner cartridge preventing it from moving back. I have had this only happen with cyan toners myself. It never occurred to me until you mentioned dicky toners.
    Cheers Mate you were right,
    This happened to me in a sparsely used estudio 3510c (the toners were old). Customer complained there was a loud click click clicking when it was adding toner, then it would say " X Toner Not Recognized" and it would happen to all the toners, not just Cyan (unfortunately). So I cheated the machine and left the front panel open (Praying no laser radiation made it into my eyes) and and saw through the clear plastic of the toner hopper that the augers weren't turning at all . It was clicking because the gears weren't properly making contact. So I followed ur advice, cheated the machine to watch the augers turn and it worked

Thanks,
    Vinder

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Re: toshiba studio e-351c toner problem

glad i could help.if i have messed my speeling up, i have just got back from the pub, bad day
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.