Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scan to Cloud Computing

Scan to Cloud Computing

A competitve sales rep was trying to pitch "Scan to the Cloud" and "Print to the Cloud" today to one of my accounts as a new feature advantage of their product. He was saying that within five years this will be a common task and your MFP on a 60 month lease should be able to accomodate. Any idea if Toshiba eBridge 3 products are capable of such a task and how?

Scan to Cloud Computing

Toshiba eB3 MFPs are capable of only scan to file within the LAN. To enable "Scan to Cloud", a customer has to set up a free account or Pay for Service account with a vendor like www.box.net and upload files to their Server farm (aka the Cloud). A business class account with more control & security costs $15.00 per month.

I think true Scan to Cloud capability requires an internet enabled MFP and no PC. Current Toshiba MFPs require both copier and PC interaction to accomplish the same task.

Lexmark has a new capability for their internet enabled MFPs to Scan directly to www.box.net via a free "Template" that you can download from www.smartsolutions.lexmark.com .

I never saw the value before of having an internet enabled MFP until now. Hopefully, next generation Toshiba eBx copiers will offer this capability.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 02-04-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: correction

Scan to Cloud Computing

Although there are many Scan to Cloud vendors, I am focusing on just one called www.box.net . A Toshiba MFP can scan documents to it via email via a special email address created by box.net . You are limited to 25 MB max file size. Larger files you will have to upload from your PC.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to Cloud Computing

I always wondered what the Browser Function was supposed to do on the newest Kyocera Products. Kyocera has a half dozen apps put together, and claims that they can design an app for any purpose. This sounds like the first really useful application possibility. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I always wondered what the Browser Function was supposed to do on the newest Kyocera Products. Kyocera has a half dozen apps put together, and claims that they can design an app for any purpose. This sounds like the first really useful application possibility. =^..^=
    As long as I know Extension button on Toshiba has the same idea. I have seen on a training web browser interface on Extension button. Also there is possibility to make any kind of app for this Extension button.

BR

Yes the eB3 models have an option with DRIVVE DM- complete cloud based document management.

Scan to Cloud Computing

eB3 Models using the #GS1020 External Web browser and the # GB1440 Sharepoint connector, will not connect to MS Sharepoint Online via Microsoft's new Office 365 Cloud Computing platform.

This connector only works with an installed Sharepoint 2007 server. Sharepoint 2010 is not supported.

I am trying to find a way to Scan directly to Google Apps.

conka
    Udocx.com is currently working on expanding their cloud feature Scan to SharePoint Online/ Office 365 (unfortunatly not Google apps yet) to other MFP vendors as well. On Ricoh MFPs you can already scan directly to SharePoint without any connectors.

Scan to Cloud Computing

Google via new Cloud Connect can now embed free software into Microsoft Office to scan to Google Apps.