Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    peoute

Toshiba eStudio 3511 Document Feeder Jamming

I just purchased a used Toshiba eStudio 3511. (The print counter is at 753,257.) The document feeder worked fine before I bought it.

When I got it setup, I tried scanning a document through the MR-3015 Reversing Automatic Document Feeder (RADF). The machine makes a bit of a grinding noise and the pickup roller pinches the paper into the separation and feed roller, but it binds up and reports the paper jam. The paper doesn't make it into the unit at all, but you can see a little bit of damage on the paper where it got pinched in the two rollers.

I opened up some of the panels to see if there was any obvious breakage, but I didn't see anything.

UPDATE:
    While writing this post, I tried some other paper and have successfully sent some pages through the unit. So it seems that it's not a matter of being broken, but perhaps needing to be cleaned or the rollers replaced.

Any thoughts on what would get better performance on the document feeder?

Thanks!
    Last edited by peoute; 02-07-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Technician
    Separation and/or feed rollers worn.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoute View Post
    I just purchased a used Toshiba eStudio 3511. (The print counter is at 753,257.)
    If you did not get a service contract with this machine, but were able to do so... then I strongly advise you to get one and not try to work on it yourself. This is not a good machine to 'learn' on, other than the fact that you will get lots of practice.

I agree on replacing the feed tires though.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.