Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e-Studio 45

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e-Studio 45

My estudio 45 doesn't print. Even the test print from the copiers control panel does not print. Days later it may just print. I am thinking of formatting the hdd but don't know the code. Is it the same for estudio 282? Ihave manuals for 282 but not for 28.
    Thanks

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Which controller? it could be the hard drive in the controller and that will need special firmware to reload it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Which controller? it could be the hard drive in the controller and that will need special firmware to reload it.
    I think its a fiery controller. I did 08-690-2 and there is no difference.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    No fiery on this model. It had an embedded controller (under the scanner on the left side of the machine) and a gl1010 Big bump on the left rear of the machine. Has a cd rom on this one. Both require special firmware to reload and a special app for the embedded to do this.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    If it is the GL1010, try this...open Top Access (IP address of the controller) Log in as admin, find the "logs" page and start deleting all of them. Scan, Print. Error, and message (i think). Each time you send a job, the controller rebuilds the logs. When you have 1000s of messages that have never been deleted it takes a long time to do this and the print process slows down considerably. If this does not help, and it it a GL 1010 you should think about replacing the HDD and updating the controller OS to the latest and greatset version which will help. Original HDD was around 40gig, but you can put up to a 140GB drive (I believe). New software will be 1 CD to format/partition the drive for the new Linux OS, and the 2nd CD will load the new OS. PM me if you want the CDs and instructions to do this. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    No fiery on this model. It had an embedded controller (under the scanner on the left side of the machine) and a gl1010 Big bump on the left rear of the machine. Has a cd rom on this one. Both require special firmware to reload and a special app for the embedded to do this.
    Then it should be the embedded controller cos there is no bump on the rear. Pls can you help me with the firmware and the special app.. I started with Toshiba on e163, 282. This e45 is old and dont have the manuals and firmware. Thanks

Technician
    next thing i would like to ask is, is your computer's OS.
    this model does not support windows 7, btw