Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    451C Fax trouble

451C Fax trouble

Gents, I have a 451C that when you select fax, will not allow you to use any of the speed dials. If you try to enter the number, you get a message on the display that "Direct Dialing is not allowed". If you do it offhook, the message says it's prohibited, but it will work that way. Incoming faxes seem to be fine. I assume some has screwed with a setting, but I can't find anything. The next step will be to reinitialize the fax board if I can't get it resolved.
    Thanks,
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Try that:
    After unpacking and installing the FAX unit following the unpacking/setup instructions, be sure to perform
    “FAX Clearing Mode / FAX Set Up” described with the same instructions. The unit is not turned ON
    without this operation.
    [Operation procedure]
    Perform the following operation after setting the country/region in 08-201 and 701.
    [1] [
    ] [POWER] �� [100] �� [START] (It takes about 20 seconds for the digital keys to be operable after
    the power is turned ON.) (It takes about 10 seconds until the display changes from ‘100’ to ‘CL’.)
    [About FAX Clearing Mode / FAX Set Up]
    When “FAX Set Up” is performed, the following operations are performed:
    Data in the ID registration, home position stored in the NVRAM and SRAM on the SYS board are

erased. The system setting area is initialized (the settings are reset to the default values.)