Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Toshiba e studio 351c paper jamming error code E320

Im having a copier misfeed error E320 when copies are been made using paper tray 3 (LCF)
    as precautions i cleaned the entire feed roller assy, roller's grip shows good, paper transport sensor changed, paper size selection are correct....nothing helped

P.s When error appears paper has fed upto 2 tray paper transport roller assy it can be observed whenever i open the paper jam romoving cover.

Paper tray 1 & 2 works alright. I changed the entire roller assy with 2 tray module..nothings wrong wat can be the fault?????????

Please respond me kindly.

Regards
    rukshan

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Hi, Was out of phone reception today so i couldn't reply. Did you check for anything obstructing the paper path or any marks on the lead edge of the paper. The feed clutch can sometimes fail on those KD's which have the extra cassette.

Technician
    Hi Mic,
    Thanks once agian for your kind attention, Well i think its the Clutch..i tried everything else but not the clutch those paper transport rollers are turning both ways. So i doubt theres a faulty clutch. So today i will give a try and let you know...Ok..
    Thanks loads.,,,
    regards
    rukshan

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Tech 500+ Posts

This is the clutch I fitted to solve a similar issue 6LA47907000 (feed/transport clutch) you could also try swapping feed units to make sure its not the feed unit itself.

WOETC
    If I read you right it's jamming coming out of the LCF, There are 2 clutches in the back of the feed assembly, one for the feed, one for the vertical transport. You can take the back cover off the back and view their operation, if you don't mind lying on the floor. Both are the same part. I have had quite a few fail in the past, though not recently. It is possible to pull them apart,clean them and reassemble successfuly often. The part is 6LE93488000 MAGNETIC CLT.

Technician
    I replace the 3rd tray clutch Part No. 6LA31944001. Where can i locate the clutch that u have mentioned, do I have to seperate the machine from the Tray stand. How can i locate the clutch that u have mentioned. Please see the attachmentPicture 003.jpg

Technician
    I replace the 3rd tray clutch Part No. 6LA31944001. Where can i locate the clutch that u have mentioned, do I have to seperate the machine from the Tray stand. How can i locate the clutch that u have mentioned. Please see the attachmentPicture 003.jpg

Field Tech 500+ Posts

If you take the back cover off the bottom unit of the machine behind where cassette 3 sits. The clutch sits behind the tray lift gear box.
    I can't remember exactly how to get to the clutch as it has been a while since I replaced one myself. Might need to take more bits off to gain access to it.hope that helps though

WOETC
    I am still assuming by the 3rd tray you mean the optional LCF. That is not the one in your photo. If so an acrobatic technician can lie on the floor behind the machine, and remove the rear cover. You can see the two clutches behind the plate just behind the feed assembly. (on the left looking from the back) remove the motor assembly and the two plastic clips on the rear of the clutch shafts. Unplug the two clutch connectors, remove the two screws from the plate and remove the plate while pushing in the shafts for the clutches. Otherwise all the parts will fall on the floor and it willl take you ages to put them back. I then use a screwdriver to hold the clutch shaft in while I pull the clutch off - See previous sentence. It is then possible to carefully pry off the brass ring from the end with the gear on and clean out the magnetic ring. We have had them with rust on. If you do that - when you reassemble them it is a good idea to keep the marks on the ring on the outside and in line with the flat. It makes it easier to reassemble.