Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e studio 451c

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

e studio 451c

this machine has began "slurring" the last bar of the calibration page, i cant describe it only as if you took a paint brush and drug it across the page till it ran out, blurred is not the right word, its clear but not defined at the end of the bar,ive chenged the trans/drum unit, same prob? is the unit possibly dragging on something ? or a bearing or grommet? any one seen this in the toshiba's? i have a tech who says he has and also could not fix it?
    also
    i have re set the maint counters and still have " time fo periodic maint" on the screen, what clears this up?

hi from ireland i had this problem before and it was done to the black dev unit clutch slipping, sometimes cleaning helps but most time it has to be replaced , also to re set the maintenance counter you have to power on using 08 the code to reset the counter is 251 and if you want to change it its 252 hope this helps you out

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    e studio 451c

If you can post an example of the calibration that might give me more of an idea but from what you have explained there could be a few things. Depending on if its the top or bottom of the calibration try this, there are 2 screws at the front of the process unit which fix the transfer belt and drum unit together. If facing the unit from the front its the screw on the right which you need to loosen slightly then lift the transfer belt up a little then tighten the screw again. Check the guide in front of the TR2 roller and finally check and clean the transfer belt unit inside as they can get messy. Hope that helps.
    If you post back, is it on 1 colour only? Have you tired doing the half tones in print mode to check this?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e studio 451c

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

thanks for the insight, i will do these suggestions and post back,

Technician
    Check the transfer belt, if can remove the transfer belt inside the transfer belt u will find two shafts remove those shafts and clean them until u get a shinning surface (dont sandpaper) some times this happens when the transfer and the drum clearance gets narrow. so dont make any adustments clean the above. also check the fuser unit please.

thanks again, i really appreciate the help.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Do B&W prints come out fine and only color jobs have this CQ issue? If so then ditto on the x-fer belt, but different reasons. Had this caused by a wire harness causing some interferance and pushing the x-fer belt to close to the right jam access door. Only showed up on color as the belt has to make multiple passes and was brushing the door slightly. Emujo

thanks for the info