Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RadioGaga

Lightbulb which laptop brand is better?

I'm currently planning to buy a laptop for myself and I'm just wondering if which brand is better, Dell, HP, or Toshiba?

Thank you for your answers in advance, guys

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    which laptop brand is better?

With all due respect and since this is your first post are you aware this is a photocopier forum?

However to answer your question I bought a Toshiba L500 recently because it was cheaper than the other brands and I an very happy with it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I think it's a good question as most of us use laptops in our day to day service calls. My 1st question would be "what do you need to accomplish"? I have 5 laptops sitting at my desk..one has Win 95 and is used for burning EEPROMS, 1 has Win 2k and is needed due to having a serial/parallel ports that I still need to flash older Toshibas, 1 is Win XP with a bad screen, the 4th is my replacement for the 1 with the bad screen (Dell Inspiron to IBM), and my last one is a Lenovo Idea Pad with Win 7 that I am testing. Brands are only a personal preferance to me..as long as the device can do the job, I don't care about the brand. That being said, my wife daughter and my own personal laptops are all Dells, my son has an Acer (his own money). I don't do any gaming, no facebook or similar stuff. At the end of the day, my laptop sleeps in my trunk. If you're happy with it and it can get you through 2-3 years then you are ahead of the game. Emujo

This can be highly discussed... I'll resume my opinion to the general physical toughness, mechanical specs (like hinges wear/tear) i would incline to toshiba.
    Lets just say i've repaired my share of laptops and pretty much seem it all since screens broken due to a punch, broken in half by the hinges,broken power plugs that usually end up in power arch carving a hole in the MB (oh did i mention toshiba's power jack isnt soldered into the MB, HP is catching on it too tho) well you name it.
    Toshiba's (at least current models) are well designed, very rigid and sturdy "body" wich doesnt allow it to bend easily (good start for a long lasting mainboard/laptop)
    If they are pretty/ugly/etc not going to go there, just giving my objective opinion on it... As for specifications cpu/ram/HDD they are used by all manufacturers so it doesnt really matter... pick a model that suits your needs/plans for its usage, if you want it to work, or gaming, etc.
    Like i said in general i like toshiba's laptops, my opinion only

I've got an Asus laptop that I've been impressed with as it survived going thru training, a tour in Iraq, and me gaming on it a lot.....bout the only issue I've had so far with it is my fans are finally starting to give out....prolly all that sand and crud from Iraq lol
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    which laptop brand is better?

Both Dell and HP have amongst highest Service return rates in the industry. Toshiba is amongst the lowest.