Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Todhiba e studi 520 FIRMWARE FAILED

This thread has been going on a while. The c+3 not working leads me to think something is wrong with your system board.

Just so we all can maybe have one more go at helping. Could you explain the original problem, what you have done to the machine (including the version of firmware you are usinng and what the original firmware was). In order of what you have done if that is possible.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyalbania's Avatar
    The machine shows error code F070 and i checked the service manual and it was bad communication so i checked all cables connection and i did not find anything damaged or something wrong.
    Then someone suggest to make firmware and i used this files..i do not know the firmware version but i send you the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=11Q0P0HX
    After trying different times it says failed in making the firmware and does not make the firmware of LSR and ENGINE...
    After trying 3-4 times the displayed goes off and only the scanner stays on.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

That is just the firmware for they system board by the looks of it. You need all the firmware or the boards can not communicate if they are on different levels of firmware.
    First thing I would do before replacing expensive boards and things is see Manuals4you and get some firmware. You can buy if from him or trade him something. I do not give out firmware.

If you get the correct firmware and try that and see if it works, then get back to us.

michael

I have just downloaded the files. it is the complete service hand book and manual in there. Also the files for t he firmware. I read the instructions but when i update I format my USB, load the firmware on then update. I dont mess around with any files. I dont even know if these files which i downloaded would work on a machine. I would get some firmware from a reliable source. Then try.

ok i will do what you say..

but how can i make firmware when nothing is displayed the screen remains black?

Field Tech 500+ Posts

It could even be the usb stick you are using. I use a 256mb usb for all my firmware. Some versions of ebridge dont allow usb of a certain amount of memory ( I think thats the problem, some one will correct me if not). I have found my good old 256mb to work every time.

I always format (fat32) my usb stick before I put the firmware on the usb stick. Then I update the firmware. I know all my firmware is fine as it comes direct from Toshiba so if there is a problem I know its either my usb or the machine.

If you have firmware which is legit and working, a usb stick which works without a doubt give that a try first.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I think he's a little gun shy now...we'll just have to wait until he breaks another machine...any bets on less then 6 weeks? Emujo

i have formatted in fat 32 and used 256 mb usb stick.

emujo you are very stupid by the way.

you just judge people i think you should help someone.....

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Did you use that usb stick to put the firmware on the machine ? Did you get firmware from else where or are you using the firmware which you used before?

yes of course
    i have formatted firstly as the service manual says and than i made firmware.
    first i made firmware to the machine only the LSR and engine firmware said error the hdd and the rest it succeed making firmware

Field Tech 500+ Posts

If the firmware worked for everything apart from the laser and engine. Then it could possibly be a faulty engine (logic) board.