Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by dogg_man View Post
    A GM2061 is the Print/Scan option for that model so you should be ok. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed since the GM2061 only works with firmware version 320 or higher.

Anyways it sounds like your settings might be the issue.

Make sure your using the same settings on the 353 that you are on the 500's. Also gmail uses SSL and port 465. Lastly check make sure you have DNS settings on the 353.
    The settings are the exactly the same for "SMTP Client", so I'm not sure it would be the settings.. How can I check/upgrade the firmware? Thanks

Technician
    What about DNS settings? Do you have the same DNS information on the 353 that you do on the 500's?

Also make sure you have the same email address on the 353 that you do on the 500.

At the web page, login as administrator, go to setup under the administrator tab, under setup go to email and check the FROM ADDRESS and FROM NAME make sure they are the same as on the 500.

The copier wouldn't give you the ability to scan if the firmware wasn't up to par with what the GM needs by the way. Since you are able to scan to email the firmware is ok. However you could check the firmware version from the copiers web page as well, its under the ADMIN TAB->Setup Link->Version Link

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by dogg_man View Post
    What about DNS settings? Do you have the same DNS information on the 353 that you do on the 500's?

Also make sure you have the same email address on the 353 that you do on the 500.

At the web page, login as administrator, go to setup under the administrator tab, under setup go to email and check the FROM ADDRESS and FROM NAME make sure they are the same as on the 500.

The copier wouldn't give you the ability to scan if the firmware wasn't up to par with what the GM needs by the way. Since you are able to scan to email the firmware is ok. However you could check the firmware version from the copiers web page as well, its under the ADMIN TAB->Setup Link->Version Link
    Thanks for the reply. DNS settings are the same, email is the same, from address and name the same.

Here is the Version information:

Printer Manufacture TOSHIBA
    Copier Firmware Version T364SY0U354
    Copier Main ROM Version 364M-04
    Copier Scanner ROM Version 364S-02

Technician
    Are you scanning to an Internal Email Server like an exchange server or are you scanning to and external provider like Gmail?

Technician
    Good news! When you mentioned checking the dns, I said it was ok but really i just took a look at TCP/IP and saw the subnet, ip, etc info all correct. The problem was, DNS Session was blank. I set that and it's working great, thanks!

Technician
    DNS is a big one allot of Toshiba Copier Network guys miss, I must of gotten 20 calls a week regarding email not working and it was always because they didn't enter any DNS settings.

Cheers

X-TAIS
    Dogg_Man

softballfreak28
    we have had a few that will not scan to email or they stop we let them dhcp then scan to email works on a few we change them back to the set static ip and it keeps working.only had one so far we had to leave on the ip address it pulled from dynamic