Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: c970

c970

toshiba 350 repeated C 970 code tried cleaning contacts and replacing transfer assy still get calls intermit any ideas help!!!!!!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C970 is a main charge leak problem.try removing a loop from the charge wire spring or putting a damper on the charge wire.Also would'nt hurt to check the end blocks

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    c970

Re: c970

Just to add to what ss12 has said. I also take the charger cleaning rods out to. No customers use them
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c970

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

the key to most 970 codes is the vibration of the main chrge wire. The newest wire springs are heavier and pull the wire tighter. I've had really good success with them. I have also cut a couple loops off the original spring with good success as well.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts toshibadale's Avatar

C970 can also be T/S corona wires. We starting stringing our own with Katun wire, and have not had a problem since.

WOETC

AS stated C970 can be Transfer /Sep corona or Main Charge, must say I've never noticed one with vibrating wires, though I can quite believe it. In my experience the most common issue after the old foreign object in the corona assembly trick, or broken component is arcing of the corona end blocks. I keep clear nail varnish in my tool bag, pull the whole unit apart and varnish the end blocks where they come into contact with the tray. Lasts for years, if necessary.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The calls for 970 code have gone way done since I started stringing the wires. It took some practice but it is worth it. I have also used white out on the end blocks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I do encounter C970 due to main charger wire dirty... After cleaned, it can work nicely... But i found that some machine the wire get dirty easily... even after changed whole main charger unit, it will happen again...