Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    roguewolftamer

MR-3018 RADF jamming

I have been having issues with a Document Feeder jamming intermittently on an E-Studio 452, using the MR-3018 doc feeder. I have flashed the machine, because this started after replacing the hard drive. I'd hate to replace a board, but we have tried replacing the entire document feeder with no luck. I don't remember the Jam code exactly, but I did check the input to make sure the sensors worked fine. The input sensor is 03-7 (fax on) sensor G, which is the exit sensor according to the manual. My last resort is to replace the logic board, but if anyone has run across this problem or has some advice, I would gladly appreciate it.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    MR-3018 RADF jamming

Re: MR-3018 RADF jamming

So you replaced the whole DF and the same problem? Usually the sensors in those DFs. Have you checked to see if your gettin youe 24v and 5v in the DF.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

roguewolftamer

I haven't checked the voltage I am getting on the sensor. I have the sensors and wire harness, so i am going to replace them to double check. I'll try to check the voltages on the sensors when I replace them, but what should I try assuming the sensors come back the correct voltages?

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    MR-3018 RADF jamming

On the sensor you should have your 5.1v(i think, havnt checked the wire diagram). your signal ground and the 3rd should be the one which changes from 0v to 3v or 5v when the paper passes throgh. I have not checked the wire diagram so I may be wrong but some one will correct me if i am.

I just noticed you said it only happened after you replaced the hard drive? Wht did you replace the hard drive?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    On the power supply there are two varistors.the one on the left is the one for the df power supply.with a meter measure the yellow wire of the df harness,should measure 5.11v.also there was a bulletin to take the sensors out and cut a bigger gap for the photointerruptors

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    MR-3018 RADF jamming

I think Toshiba modified the sensors now also if that helps anyone. All start with 6LH now.

roguewolftamer

Thanks for the help everyone. And to respond to you Michaelc, the HDD went bad, but from the fix I'd think it was from a surge or something electrical outside the machine. I traced the problem back to the logic board and replaced that, which fixed my problem with the document feeder. Somehow it didn't affect anything else from what i could tell, but the HDD and logic board both went bad from something.