the problem;
we have a Toshiba e studio 450s in our office, the scan to email function is used frequently throughout the day. However, I linked this office to another off-site location via Cisco VPN. and when I did that, I changed the network from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x. All the IP's and Gateways were changed on all devices. I can print to the printer, scan to file, everything is fine. except if you scan to email. select an address and touch "Email it" instantly it says "Cancelling Job" and spits out a log

Connection failure <-1>
Connection error

I don't beleive it is a network issue because if it was, it would at least try to build the email job and then give me a timed out error.

I did do a "Reset to factory defaults" option, but it doesn't look like it changed anything. considering the ip, mail server and user file boxes were all still present...

I have searched for fixes everywhere using google and even here. I haven't found anything that helped.

and unfortunately, Toshiba's website doesn't help with this issue, it allows me to download a file titled "e-STUDIO" with no file extenstion or anything... and thats the extent of the 450's support from Toshiba.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know how to fix it?