Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thermistors scratching e355 UFR

Anybody else seeing thermistors taking out UFR's on e355 series? We've had a few get badly scratched around 100k, PM says should be good to 200k. It reminds me of the issues we had with e3511 before they modified the thermistors. The gouges are definitely from the thermistors, not the claws. It's frustrating because the rest of the UFR is perfect- probably good for at least another 1ook.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Re: Thermistors scratching e355 UFR

Maybe try adjusting the thermistor slightly so there is less pressure against the roller. I have not had many problems with this. Most the ufrs do more than they are supposed to. I am sure there is a modified frame for that machine to, something to do with the thermistors. I think the new version of this machine is out in november.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Not sure how old this is, but there are some newer thermistors, the ones for the 356, 456 are being used now, its a updated thermistor for the 355, 455, I was having a prob of the fuser rollers melting to each other, well, lower rollers fusing to the upper one, new thermistors solved it, and that trick of the ground term on the rear of the fuser unit, the 356, 456 have the mods already.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Anybody else seeing thermistors taking out UFR's on e355 series? We've had a few get badly scratched around 100k, PM says should be good to 200k. It reminds me of the issues we had with e3511 before they modified the thermistors. The gouges are definitely from the thermistors, not the claws. It's frustrating because the rest of the UFR is perfect- probably good for at least another 1ook.
    This is common on this model but there is a modification on this problem and I can't remember what the modification was about. But see if you can find the service bullentin on this model as there is a whole bunch of them. More then any other Toshiba model ever made.

There are new style Therms for the e355 and 455. Also the heat roller has changed from the PISS yellow to a POO brown color. (i.e. new coating) Sorry best description.
    Last edited by Travis06; 02-22-2013 at 11:13 PM.