Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

C2500 with a C380 code

Have a customer with a couple Minolta's I work on. They called me on their Toshiba 2500 saying it has a C380 code. Looks like that might be a Black Process Unit issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

Re: C2500 with a C380 code

Update: I went and looked at the machine and the black unit has toner dust all over the drum and there is a solid black band around the drum about 3 inches wide toward the back side. You can rotate the drum and it cleans off but then comes back after you re-install and turn the machine off to reset. Looks to be a sensor issue as the machine says adding toner during start up then pops the C380 code.

[C380] Auto-toner error (K)
    [C390] Auto-toner error (C)
    [C3A0] Auto-toner error (M)
    [C3B0] Auto-toner error (Y)
    Is the harness between the LGC board and the developer unit drawer connector open-cir-
    cuited?
    Is any harness inside the developer unit or the auto-toner sensor harness open-circuited?
    Is the auto-toner sensor connector or the connector CN341 on the LGC board disconnected?

NO Æ Reconnect the connector. Replace the harness.
    YES
    1) Replace the auto-toner sensor.
    2) Replace the LGC board.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    C2500 with a C380 code

I only know the Toshiba models. Clean the black unit up, especially the charger unit. Then check the dev unit to make sure there is enough dev in it. If not, replace the dev. Theses machines are quite bad for dev dumping/migration.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

Re: 2500c with a C380 code

You will probably find that the pip in the rear charge block has broken (the one the saw tooth hinges on), this makes the charger arc, no charge = solid toner on the drum (hence the black band) this then causes an auto toner error.
    usually you get the dev dump, but sometimes the toner drags out 1st & the auto toner error occurs, if no dev has dumped you may be able to manually add toner & then re-adjust the ATS, but i wouldn't recommend leaving it like that, it really needs a dev change once it's got that bad.

i love the K2 (2500c etc) if they are looked after & modded they will easily run from PM to PM, don't know why so many engineers whinge about them

if the Pip has broken off the charge block, you can make a hole inline with it & fit a section of a WD40 pipe or similar (air duster pipe works well) & then you dont even need to change the block
    Happiness Is The Road.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C2500 with a C380 code

Lightbulb Re: C2500 with a C380 code

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com