Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Yeah it shoudl pack up the DV unit. You could just plug the unit in to make the machine think it's inside, then run the toner motor and see if anything is coming out with a flashlight. If it isn't packing up or when you pull the DV unit if there is no "fresh" toner just below the entrance hole then it probably isn't getting there.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

cheemeister
    Thanks ToshibaTech for that test! I tried it, and no, there isn't any toner falling into the hole. So I guess it isn't the toner sensor... or at least that's not the only problem! (How much toner needs to be in the DV unit before the printer will stop trying to add toner??)

What should I try next? If the feed auger isn't working, how do I test that?

(FYI, the toner cartridge does roll around while the printer is trying to 'add toner.')

Next thing I would do is tear the toner hopper assy out of it and tear it apart and see what is broke. I'd say that's all that is wrong with it. Unless of course the bottle was just in upside down.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi try to look what is the value of toner drop in service mode 05-201.if its higher over 150 or higher then the machine wont stop droping toner unitil it reach the desired value.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

cheemeister
    Ok, I'll try getting the hopper assembly out... but it's way down at the back, do I have to pull a lot of other things out to get at them? Or can I open up the back of the photocopier?

I'm pretty sure the toner cartridge is in the right way. I'm guessing everything that needs to be seen to determine if it is in the right way is fairly obvious, at the front of the machine and also looking down the toner cartridge tube to the back with a torch.

Smiley: Ok, I'll check that one out as well... I'll see if I can figure out how to find service mode.

Sorry I forgot you were on a 3511, it's not so easy to put it in upside down... on an e45 it was easy to do. Yeah sounds like you are stuck tearing it down. I think it comes out from the inside which means pulling the Dev, Drum, Trans Belt. Make sure you vac it out good while it's apart.

limchemtoner

Tosiba copier?

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    Sorry I forgot you were on a 3511, it's not so easy to put it in upside down... on an e45 it was easy to do. Yeah sounds like you are stuck tearing it down. I think it comes out from the inside which means pulling the Dev, Drum, Trans Belt. Make sure you vac it out good while it's apart.
    can ont understand it well,maybe you can tell us the detaisl