Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Bridge X issues

E-Bridge X issues

I'm just curious to see how people are doing with EBX. We've had several machines go out that suddenly stop working, ie: control panel response time is slow, options locking up. Even had one that would lock on the start-up screen after opening the finisher door. I've had to reload f/w (same level v.2000) and for the locked start up screen I had to format HDD in 3+Clear mode. This doen't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling about having to service these for the next few years. Anyone having similar issues? Or have we gotten a couple of lemons?
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    E-Bridge X issues

New eBX firmware V2050G just released on FTP site.

Technician

Re: E-Bridge X issues

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    New eBX firmware V2050G just released on FTP site.
    Yep, have a number of issues with current ver 2000. Have been promised 2053 just around the corner with 2050 already including a lot of fixes including control panel response.
    Let me know how you go with the 2050 firmware and if it speeds things up.
    My biggest gripe is the poor quality of the LCD screen. It is hardly readable and when you consider the quaility you get with a $200 iPod.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Bridge X issues

I agree with you about the control panel quality. Very pixelated- looks like an LCD monitor set to non-native resolution. You can barely read the time and date line.
    I'll try the newest round of f/w and let you know what happens.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    E-Bridge X issues

We have been having huge issues mainly with the print drivers. The current drivers are absolutley CRAP!!!

Sice Toshiba moved to the Unidrv drivers, they have introduced lots of problems like SNMP communication, loading of plugins and the fact that if you install the driver on a server and share it out, the driver performs extremely poorly.

Apparently Australia is getting new firmware and drivers next week, but I don't know what version these are going to be. Toshiba AUS can't tell me much as they themselves are still waiting for it to be released from Japan.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician

Hi, is anyone facing any rubbish print jobs with this model out there?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    E-Bridge X issues

We did until we updated the firmware and the drivers, now everything is running, but not as well as you would hope.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.