Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ReRite 6.2 to Mac OSX

ReRite 6.2 to Mac OSX

Is there any reason to think that in a mixed Windows/ Apple workplace with ReRite installed on a Win PC, that Scan to Word, outputting into a .doc format cannot be read by a Apple "Word" software application?

Assuming that this will work, how can I make the ReRite Outpath visible to the Apple OSX 10.6 device? I do not want to use the Email procedure available in ReRite.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Re: ReRite 6.2 to Mac OSX

I have several Mac customers using Re-Rite without a problem, the Re-Rite is installed on a PC box and that is used for the scanning and Drag n Drop folders. One of these has a dual boot Mac/XP and has the Re-Rite installed with no issues.

For the second point, if the Out Path is a shared folder on the same network then it will be seen by the Macs in the same way as the Windows PCs.

I think I have some notes on this that I can send you when I get into the office next week, if your interested.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ReRite 6.2 to Mac OSX

Yes, send the notes to me please at dmorri4551@aol.com .

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    ReRite 6.2 to Mac OSX

If your OutPath is shared, then do the following the connect your Mac to the OutPath:

1. On the Mac, Press Go
    2. Click on Connect to Server
    3. Enter in smb://hostname/share or smb://ipaddress/share of the Outpath Share
    4. You will be asked for a username and password, so amke sure that you have one on the XP machine that the Mac can use
    5. You will now connect to the share and a new icon will appear on the desktop which is the same as a mapped network drive in Windows

As for you .doc issues, are you running Microsoft Office for Mac and if so, is it updated?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.