Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MWMACH

CE40 and C3B0 Error Codes

Hi, we purchased a used estudio 2500c a while ago and everything has been fine up until now. When we purchased the unit, the waste tray had to be replaced in the first couple of weeks, after that, plain sailing.

Message today to change the waste toner cartridge and someone tried to empty and replace the old unit (didn't know there was a new one in the cupboard). We got an error CE40 after this. We have now put in a brand new waste toner cartridge and still the error happens.

We have googled this error and tried a few things.

We have cleaned the units with the cleaning "wand" inside the main cover. We have pulled the other rods (one on each color) out and back again. Then done these procedures:

08-573 to 576 shows 573=1, 564=0, 574=0, 575=0, 576=0
    05-391-0 to 3 with in spec
    05-390-0 to 3 seems to have isolated the problem down to the ""high density pattern abnormality" on the yellow. The other colours and black all come up with-in spec.

We set the variables 08-556 and 08-557 to 0
    Then "enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (08-394)
    Test output with 04-270. No yellow printing on the test pages was the results.

The procedure advises to replace the image sensor.

When running the developer function test 05-200 we get the error C3B0. Before the screen goes to the the "call service" message the scan results show each colour having three results. The yellow being the one that is different as listed below. All the others show the top and bottom voltages (i assume that's what they are) at about 1.46v

Y .16v
    Y *****
    Y 1.46v

We have no specific information but there seems to be an indication from what I have read that the Developer tanks should be cleaned and the image sensors cleaned (or replaced). I assume the developer tank is the unit below the toner cartridges.

Since the whole thing started with changing the waste toner tray, I feel that a defective part is unlikely and that we have managed to get gunk over a sensor or misaligned something or pressed the wrong button.

Does anybody have a procedure on how to identify and remove the developer tanks for cleaning? The image sensors, where do I find them?

Am I completely on the wrong track?

Thanking you in advance

Regards Neil

Re: CE40 and C3B0 Error Codes

Does the rod on the yellow unit make the same clicking sounds as the other 3 units when you pull it out and in?

To remove any of the units in the front cover there is a big blue handle on the right, remove the screw in the right hole and raise the handle, now any individual unit can be removed by pushing the blue lever down and pulling it towards you, be careful not to leave it in sunlight for to long (over 2-3 minutes). when cleaning just give it a good wipe over, dont go to crazy with a vacuum, you could end up vacuuming the developer as well at toner and be careful not to scratch the drums

the units i referred to above are a called EPUs and are the drum unit and developer unit combined.

Cheers Cam

Ritterlanzelot

Hey,

Unfortunately I got the same problem at our "good old" Toshiba eStudio c2500.
    Pulling the rod of the yellow developer makes another sound than the other colours. Nearly no clicking sound can be heard. So I removed this developer unit and cleaned it whiping softly. But the error still occurs ... Any hint?

Best, Johannes

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CE40 and C3B0 Error Codes

Check to see if the waste bottle is overfull. If yes, the waste toner will be backed up into the waste tubes, first affecting the primary transfer cleaner unit, then the black drum cleaning unit, then the color drum cleaning units.

When the toner has nowhere to got it will start to form into rocks, damaging the cleaning units. It's a very dirty job, and may require lots of parts to repair. My recommendation is to call a tech. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

If the yellow wand does not make the same noise then the needle electode has probably broken its mount. If you are not a tech call one. The other thing to check is on the under side of the yellow unit should be 2 plugs. If these are not plugged in then c380 is what will be shown.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!