Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar

Question E-Studio 520 overtoned

Hello Everyone,

We have an e-Studio 520 that seems to continue to overtone. Toner cakes up on the "Scattered toner recovery roller" and off course, winds up dropping toner on the copies. We replaced the developer about 40K ago, it still seemed overtoned after replacement. We did not perform the TDC adjustment, in the past this has not caused any problem on 810 series. The manual tone adjustment in the handbook (08-414) states the default is "6", but the chart states "3" is the default? Which way (0 through 6) adds less toner?

Is there a way to correct this issue without replaceing the developer again, such as running sky shots, without the toner bottle installed and performing the adjustment as stated in the manual?

Thank you for your help.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Did you run 05-200 when you replaced the dev material? If not then there is the problem. After doing 05-200 do 05-290. You may be able to get away with just doing 05-290. These are a little more particular about reseting the dev value when it has been replaced.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Thank you for your reply! No, I have not run these simulations. We will try your suggestions tomorrow. I'll post back to let you know how things turn out.

Thanks again!

Mr. Spock,

Thank you for your response. I wanted to let you know where I stood with the machine. First, I tried your suggestion without replacing the developer and the problem returned. Today, I replaced the developer and performed the adjustments that you had outlined. I also went through the IQC adjustments. The copies really look great at this point.

Hopefully, things will stay that way. Many thanks again!!

Take Care

Technician
    lower down toner value, run 10 ro 15 sky shot then go through these step
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Did you run 05-200 when you replaced the dev material? If not then there is the problem. After doing 05-200 do 05-290. You may be able to get away with just doing 05-290. These are a little more particular about reseting the dev value when it has been replaced.