Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Burning Eproms

Technician

Burning Eproms

Does anyone know any companies out there that burn and sell eproms? We are looking for the converter rom (v1.4) and a MJ1101 finisher rom (v27) but cannot purchase these anymore from Toshiba. I know there are companies out there that sell reset chips for toner and drums but I cannot seem to find anyone that burns eproms. Myself and a few of our techs are Toshiba trained from our previous dealer and we used to burn roms all the time for these and the older high volume machines. I work at a smaller non-Toshiba dealer now so purchasing the burner is not an option and we have a much smaller amount of Toshiba's that we service now. If anyone knows of a place or would be willing to sell us a set of these, please respond back. Thanks so much.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Burning Eproms

My advice would be to go to the customer and say " Toshiba doesn't offer us support for this model anymore, time for an upgrade, or switch to another dealer that may". IMO, the speed that technology changes kinda forces us to keep the leases to 5 years or less. I still have customers that keep that old E45, but they know we don't offer anything but parts replacement...No way I'm maintaining an old Win 95 laptop to run FSMS for 1 MFP. BTW, I have the burner you need, but none of the proper chips..If you have EEPROMS that I could use, I might be able to work something out for you. EMujo