Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toshiba 3500C

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 3500C

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    when you go back,check that the pcu`s have the modified filter(basically a black plastic strip with a filter in the middle).this was added to improve air flow around the dev unit and stop the dev migration.Also be very careful if you are dissasembling the coronas,as when you are removing the grid it is very easy to break the plastic peg that holds the electrode.the end block has also been modified to address this issue.post back if you need any part no.s

What exactly do you mean by developer migration?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What happened was the developer would be pulled onto the drum and then deposited in the cleaning system and into the waste toner

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    What happened was the developer would be pulled onto the drum and then deposited in the cleaning system and into the waste toner
    That is happening. I put my magnetic screwdriver in the black hole of the waste toner container and pulled up a clump of developer. The call was for dirty copies/prints along the rear side of the copier area of the copy. About an inch wide, right on the edge, rear side. Its on there prior to fusing. If you take two copies and rub them together where the dirty is you can feel grit. Some will actually come off. The thing throwing me off is that it will do it on any color in mode 4 (219) on C, Y, M, K, K4, and CMYK. I'm pretty sure its developer. I replaced the black developer, but problem is still there. Take a look at my attachment. Maybe you have seen this issue. I have also cleaned the roller in the transfer belt assembly as mentioned in a post. Did not clean charge assemblies. Was not sure with what I should use being it has a needle. I cleaned needles with alcohol on Minoltas back in the day. Guess I will do the same here.When I stopped the machine and looked at the PCUs it has a film on them between where the transfer belt meets it, back torward the mag roller. On the black it had developer above the seal that run front to back above the mag roller, near the back. Any way, take a look at the attachments. Let me know what you think. This is my first Toshiba, although I have been doing color since color began.02-15-2012(2).pdf02-15-2012(3).pdf02-15-2012(4).pdf02-15-2012(5).pdf These are mode 4 (237). There is the mode 4 (219) attachment in my original post on this thread. Thank you for responding.

There is also a total counter page in the attachment on the original post. The report that shows the pm counts reads 20k on color pcus and dev, 48k on black pcu and 2k on black dev.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba 3500C

I am drunk at the moment so bare with me. I will read the other posts when i am more sober. About cleaning the needle elcectrodes, they can be a pain. Best to change them with new ones as the needles can bend easily. If you are worried about snapping the pip on the charger terminal, loosen the screw on the front one. This takes some of the pressure off. Dave from toshiba taught me this (his fix/find). Never had a broken one since.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I am drunk at the moment so bare with me. I will read the other posts when i am more sober. About cleaning the needle elcectrodes, they can be a pain. Best to change them with new ones as the needles can bend easily. If you are worried about snapping the pip on the charger terminal, loosen the screw on the front one. This takes some of the pressure off. Dave from toshiba taught me this (his fix/find). Never had a broken one since.
    Thanks Michaelc. Drink one for me. Lord knows I could use one. Only 4:00 pm here. Still at work.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Toshiba 3500C

Is the black half tone before or after you replaced the dev? For the faded image on all colours, I would still be looking at transfer section. All the transfer rollers must be spotless inside the belt unit and also use conductive grease on the contacts of each. Check your contacts and bearings on 2nd transfer roller too.

Your black unit looks as if there isn't enough dev in it or the doctor blade needs adjusting. Also, if the mag roller on this machine is still the smooth type you will need to preferably replace the dev again, but before you do, clean the entire unit thoroughly, then polish the mag roller with a dry cloth.

When cleaning the coronas, always loosen the charge block screws before you attempt to remove the grid and wire as you will break the peg it hangs on. Just use a soft cloth, brush and a bit of air to clean them off, they're normally not stained.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

bradj

there was an issue with the mag rollers...they would not hold developer so it would just suck it right out.. if the mag roller doesn't have a good coverage of dev, replace the mag... have done lots of them.. have seen the issue alot with the old mags...

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for helping. Seem to hear alot about doctor blade gap. I know you can get the jigs from toshiba. Its been a long time since I had a need to adjust the gap. Back then we just used feeler gauges, obtained locally. Can I use feeler gauges on this machine?

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba 3500C

I use feeler gages. Have had no problems
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Technician 500+ Posts

I want to thank everyone for your input on this. Let me see if I got this straight. Keep in mind I have cleaned the transfer belt assy. rollers. They are clean. And also replaced the Black Developer. What I need to do at this time is gap the doctor blades, clean the charge units, check for the new style dev filters, and see what kind of mag rollers it has. I think it is the smooth kind. If so, should I replace them with the grooved ones? I have listed the page counts and drive counts just so you know where its at. Any other input on dev migration? Or for that matter any info. that you think I need to know. Did I miss anything?

Drum/dev units k- 48k/pages 110k/drive colors- 19k/pages 48k/drive

Developer K- 2.5k/pages 5k/drive colors- 20k/ pages 37k/drive

Total count on machine color 70k black 53k total 123k

One more thing, this account has no ma, it is billable, so I need to be sure.