Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    eBX Scan to Folder

eBX Scan to Folder

On the new eBX e2540c copiers, V3000 firmware, does the user have the ability to browse from the Control panel of the copier directly to a Network folder? If so, can they copy that Network path and scan directly to it?

I know we can create premade scan templates but this IT Administrator has hundreds of Network folders.

It would be easier to browse to the folder from the copier and scan direclty into it.

I realize the user might have to enter a User name and Password.

From the keyboard simulator, I can see Scan Hard key, File, Remote 1, Network Path, File Folder Icon, Address. I cannot get past there.

Thanks,

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: eBX Scan to Folder

In order to scan directly to a specified network folder, u can use the scan to file (network folder) using the remote settings list available under the top access. Then u can save the settings for different destination as template. Of course, username & password is needed to access network folder.

eBX Scan to Folder

Thanks for your answer but not what I am looking for. I need the ability to browse to a Network folder NOT using a premade Template.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Thanks for your answer but not what I am looking for. I need the ability to browse to a Network folder NOT using a premade Template.
    Then u can try the web service scan... i think need to install remote scan driver/WIA driver...

eBX Scan to Folder

I never thought of that. I rarely use this function. I will check it out. Thanks!

I have heard reference to the phrase Scanning "on the Fly" to describe trying to scan to a folder without pre made Templates.

I was also thinking about the Meta Scan option. I think I could create drop down boxes to guide the User to the Target folder. I have been advised the user could easily select the wrong folder. I have never done a Meta Scan install before so I do not know if it is more work than it is worth.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Meta scan would be your best option with a large number of destination folders and the easiest to set up.

Meta scan uses variable data, so the info input at the copier defines where it is stored.

If your customer has, for example a share drive S:/Data/Scans/ then a list of all their customers, then subfolders within the customer names, you re-create this information at the copier.

So, on the copier the customer will have a template with 2 fields; 1 Customer name
    2 Sub folder

The other (hidden) fields required would be 1 File name
    2 File type (pdf, word, excel etc)
    3 Delivery (folder, email)
    4 Path (S:/Data/Scans)

The number of fields is unlimited but you want the minimum number to make the process user friendly. Fields can be Mandatory, Optional or Hidden

The customer needs Re-Rite (to recognise the meta data) and a GS 1010 enabler.

It doesn't take that long to create the template, the secret is in the planning.

Your Toshiba rep should be able to help with Meta Scanning.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

eBX Scan to Folder

OK . I will try Meta Data. Thanks!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    eBX Scan to Folder

Web interface - Administration - Save as File

Here you will find the setting that you are after next to Remote 1 and Remote 2.

Basically, you enter in the top level share (the parent folder) and from there, you can browse the child directories.

Metascan would also be a go, but you still need to difine your hundreds of folders within the setup and there is a limit within Metscan as to the ammount of entries each Metascan Template can handle.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.