Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

Estudio 230 said Netwrork Initializing...now will not boot up

OK so I hope I did not screw up. Had a customer call us to work on this Toshiba E230 because we work on some other copiers and printers for them. They wanted to hook up the machine to their network after having it just as a copier for a couple of years. The copier said "Network Initializing" all the time. The config report showed no IP addresses and all the other related data was either all zero's or just a series of dashes. So we thought it was a NIC Card. Other posts on the subject seemed to indicate that these cards were prone to failure and that they were also the same for many models including a 3511. I had a 3511 parts machine so I pulled the card and compared it to the 230 card. They appeared identical except for the date and 1 digit difference in the part number. I installed the card and powered up the machine and now it hangs at the start screen just like they do when the hard drive fails. I checked all connections and even put the original NIC Card back in with no change. I am wondering if using the 3511 card caused this or was it just bad timing to have the HD fail when I was swapping the NIC.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts toshibadale's Avatar

Re: Estudio 230 said Netwrork Initializing...now will not boot up

First I'd try doing the 08-690 to see if the unit will come to ready. I do not think the nic cards are the same for the 3511 and 230, so make sure the 230 nic is in the machine. With the network cable un-plugged, do a 08-1001 start-1-enter then power down. Try that, then load all your settings in admin, then hit apply now.

If that does not work, you may have a bad nic card.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Estudio 230 said Netwrork Initializing...now will not boot up

eS280, 450 and 4511 all had the same NIC which was made by a company called NetSilicon.

The problem you have more than likely encountered is that the firmware on the NIC form the 3511 that you installed was different to what the machine firmware understands.

Try replacing the NIC so that the original is back in and then go into Assist Mode and clear the NVRAM Flags. Once you have done that, run a 08-693 and an 08-1119 to initialize the NIC.

I can't remember the 08 code, but there is one so you can check the firmware version of the NIC. Check that against the firmware version of the 3511 NIC before you try putting the 3511 NIC back in.

The early model e-Bridge 1 devices were very firmware sensitive and we had to get the factory recovery jigs from Toshiba multiple times because the firmware wouldn't load properly.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

bradj

the nic is different ...also check to make sure it is the right print dongle...