Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

5520C Error code ce40...no dev left in the dev assy

It looks like the grid on the primary charge corona was not secured on one of the tabs ...the end result being all the magenta dev has been sucked out of the dev assy...since these machines are supposed to "never" require new dev, is the developer material available separately? I am assuming it has to be and you would just replace it like any other machine? . I was able to get a few pages out of the machine till it finally crapped out with a CA00,so it should be ok with new mag. dev....if you have a part# that would be great help as well! I believe it is FC55M?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 5520C Error code ce40...no dev left in the dev assy

D-FC55-M 6LH16883100 very pricey at more than $300

Also there is a procedure to follow. kind of like the old 310/311 series machines. Follow the service manual. It is NOT the kind that just dumps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis06 View Post
    Also there is a procedure to follow. kind of like the old 310/311 series machines. Follow the service manual. It is NOT the kind that just dumps in.
    Over $400 in Canada ouch, thats crazy!whats a 310/311 lol? Only been workin on Toshiba for a couple of years. Got some reading to do this weekend before the dev shows up.Thanks guys!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Make sure there is no tiny crack in the Dev unit that allowed all of the Developer to run out. This happened to one of my techs last week.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Make sure there is no tiny crack in the Dev unit that allowed all of the Developer to run out. This happened to one of my techs last week.
    Thanks,do you know where the crack was located? I am still waiting for the dev to arrive from Toshiba...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Check the developer drive properly, my colleague did encountered a white color gear broken resulting toner not able to get into the developer units thus drain the developer material.

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    Check the developer drive properly, my colleague did encountered a white color gear broken resulting toner not able to get into the developer units thus drain the developer material.
    Ok thanks I will take a look !Still waiting for the dev to show up.....

First thing to check is all the EPU connections for HVTsprings and drawer connectors and make sure the EPU is going in smoothly.

2nd check the performance index in PM Supportmode to see what the developer threshold is at. An average number is around 20.If it is close to 100 that means the developer is not being used enough tore-plenish properly.

It could be the spring contacts. If it is only happening with Magenta, switch the EPU units with Yellow or Cyan to test. This will eliminate problems with the EPU unit itself. If the problem does not transfer with the EPU unit, then you would be looking at either, contacts, possible dirty Vo sensors, and what about the TransferBelt unit. It could be causing some arcing as well. Make sure to check this assembly as well. Did you recently service the developer unit and this started happening afterwards, or was the original problem no developer in the dev unit? Make sure no developer material has spilled down onto the Laser unit.
    It may be a good idea to remove and re-install the problem developer unit in case it is slightly out of position. It must sit flat not angled when properly installed. If it was previously disassembled make sure that it was reassembled properly with no parts missing including the 2 springs and the overflow spout wire. Make sure the Black plastic cover is mounted properly as well.
    Are there any other errors or messages appearing or just CE40? Make sure to not forget to clear any detection abnormalities in 08 mode(573-576) back to 0.