Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toshiba es452 jams first copy of the day every morning

Any ideas what would cause the 452 to jam only on the first copy/print/fax of the day? Customer says it is usually jammed when they get there in the morning if they received a fax before they get in, or when the go to make a copy or print, it always jams first sheet, they clear it and the machine runs good throughout the day.

It is usually jammed from the LCF tray, with the paper half-way up the vertical side, i think the jam code is E3E0 (LCF transport jam). I dont think it ever makes it to the registration roller, it is always prior to that.

Last time I was out, i replaced the lcf tires, i detailed all the transport rollers, and blew out all the sensors with air, I switched their faxes to print from tray1, and I guess now it is jammed from tray 1 in the morning if a fax came, or from lcf if they print, so im not sure what could be going on.

It doesnt make sense to me why it would only jam first print of the day, maybe a clutch or something sticking? Please let me know if anybody has any ideas,

THANKS!

Re: Toshiba es452 jams first copy of the day every morning

[E3E0] Paper fed from the LCF not reaching the lower drawer feed sensor
    Open the side cover. Is there paper in front of the lower drawer feed sensor?

Is the lower drawer feed sensor working?
    (Perform the input check in the test mode: 03-[FAX]OFF/[7]/[E])

1 Check if the connector of the lower drawer feed sensor is disconnected.
    2) Check if the connector CN318 on the LGC board is disconnected.
    3) Check if the connector pins are disconnected and the harnesses are open
    circuited.
    4) Check if the conductor pattern on the LGC board is short circuited or open
    circuited.
    5) Replace the lower drawer feed sensor. good posibility the senor is at fault -
    6) Replace the LGC board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Toshiba es452 jams first copy of the day every morning

Thanks for the reply bauer, I forgot to mention that I have looked through the service manual, and have done checks on the sensors(which check out is good). If a sensor was bad, it would be jamming every copy or frequently throughout the day, in this case it only happens once in the morning. I may try replacing the sensor, but I have never heard of a sensor causing this type of jam.

What I was thinking, and I was hoping someone else has some insight...was possibly a clutch that is rusting, or staying engaged, and when the main motor turns on during warm-up, paper is fed into the transport path before it is supposed to, which causes the jam. I don't know for sure, though cuz i haven't had to many problems with clutches with this machine. Any thoughts?