Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    coffeecopy

Toshiba 2060 blurred line along top

Greetings good people of the Copytechnet.com forums! I've run into an issues that I'm not sure how to troubleshoot, mainly due to being unfamiliar with this type of machine. I have worked on smaller office laser printers and some solid ink but nothing quite like this. Also, I have the service manual but I don't see anything about print quality troubleshooting.

This Toshiba 2060 has a repeating print defect along the top 1/4 of the page and I've attached a scanned image of this. The very top of the page has a dark wavy bar (some of which was lost while scanning this in) and under the Details section of the scanned image, it is adding some lines that are not on the original. This machine has 120k pages through it and I've been told it has had maintenance at the proper intervals but I did not think to check counters when I was onsite.

If this was a HP LaserJet that I was familiar with, I would assume this would be due to the sleeve peeling off the fuser like on the 4000 Series but I don't know where to start on this thing.

If this question has been answered on the forums already, I apologize. I searched for about 15 minutes before writing this post as the answer is usually out there somewhere it seems.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the cause of this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba 2060 blurred line along top

Re: Toshiba 2060 blurred line along top

Has the other tech or yourself cleaned the optics? Even the new machines need the optics cleaned now and again.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Technician

The pattern glass mostly and then optics

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecopy View Post
    Greetings good people of the Copytechnet.com forums! I've run into an issues that I'm not sure how to troubleshoot, mainly due to being unfamiliar with this type of machine. I have worked on smaller office laser printers and some solid ink but nothing quite like this. Also, I have the service manual but I don't see anything about print quality troubleshooting.

This Toshiba 2060 has a repeating print defect along the top 1/4 of the page and I've attached a scanned image of this. The very top of the page has a dark wavy bar (some of which was lost while scanning this in) and under the Details section of the scanned image, it is adding some lines that are not on the original. This machine has 120k pages through it and I've been told it has had maintenance at the proper intervals but I did not think to check counters when I was onsite.

If this was a HP LaserJet that I was familiar with, I would assume this would be due to the sleeve peeling off the fuser like on the 4000 Series but I don't know where to start on this thing.

If this question has been answered on the forums already, I apologize. I searched for about 15 minutes before writing this post as the answer is usually out there somewhere it seems.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the cause of this issue?
    Make 5 copies and see if the blurred image is in one place or in diferent place in 5 copies.
    If its in the same place,check optics,if is in diferent possitions check drum.
    Bye
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

I'd check the silicon cleaning roller & the upper fuser roller.
    if the cleaning roller is caked with toner, replace it.

coffeecopy

Thanks everyone, I'll give these suggestions a shot!