Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Toshiba sometimes jam w/ e061 jam code

Thumbs up Toshiba sometimes jam w/ e061 jam code

I was getting consistent jamming with jam error code e061 which SM says is related to the paper size in tray not matching the setup size for that tray. In the case of e061 it relates to upper tray. If it were error e062 it would be lower or tray 2.
    I was at customers office a few times for this. The first time I checked the drawer setup and it matched the paper loaded in tray(LTR) which is 11" going in short way. It jammed very consistently and the front sheet of paper would stop in fuser as though a timing problem and not the result of a fuser finger catching paper. I noticed after cleaning the pickup,feed and separator rollers for upper tray the jamming stopped. I ordered the rollers and replaced them.
    Six weeks passed and customer called again about same e061. Again paper in tray matched setup. I tried the 14" paper in tray 2 to see if it was related to drawer setup or paper path problem. I still got jamming with e062 because it was lower tray. I could not get 1 sheet to go thru. I discovered a very small piece of paper in guide just above upper tray and removed it. After that the paper went thru consistently with no jams. That was last week.
    Today customer called again with e061 and paper stopping partially into fuser. I am going back tomorrow and I guess I should check upper feed sensor just above pickup and registration unit . Maybe clutch but I don't think so. Any advice is very much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Technician

Re: Toshiba sometimes jam w/ e061 jam code

I advice you to change the country region input 0+2 and change it to 44, after that adjust the drawer size. the problem will be removed

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I don't know if this will help but on several of the Toshiba's I have been working on (755 series), some of the sensor actuators are getting divits worn into them, causing jams.

Also on the 755 series we have seen the right side cover getting bent out of position so make sure it closes without any problems.

Thumbs up Re: Toshiba sometimes jam w/ e061 jam code

Thank you Lena and Don for that useful information. Frank

Hi Lena. I was checking the service handbook and it does not appear to offer (0) + (2) as setting mode option. I see that is available on some other models but not the estudio 352. There is a (0) + (8) setting option code 201 for destination where you can set for UC or Europe etc. I can try both to see what happens when I test machine but I thought I should let you know what I saw in this Service book. Frank

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hey i just came across a new install.. the paper drawer says lt but someone put legal in it.... so a 61 jam because the machine expects letter size. when ppl change the drawe size the need to tell thw machine what ppr is in the drawer in user settings.

If the paper in the tray is feeding long ways it is LTR, if it is feeding short ways it is LT.
    Check the paper orientation to coincide with what's in the drawer and what is on the display.
    If they are miss mached you will get a consant Jam.

The paper was set up properly. It says LT and is in the short way not the reduction way.The customer has not called back as machine was working a high percentage of the time when i was there last week. I am waiting to hear from them . Frank

e061

Have had this issue before. If you change the registration and upper drawer feed sensors the problem will go away. Even if they test good in 03 mode, replace them.

Thanks Patrick. I thought it might be the upper tray feed sensor or actuator hanging up. I will be prepared for registration sensor in case it is that. Frank