Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ReRite 8.0

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ReRite 8.0

ReRite 8.0

ReRite 8 seems quite a bit different than ReRite 6.2.0.44.

I realize RR8 is now more of a web based product and uses Abby as an OCR engine replacing Nuance. I realize Toshiba bought ReRite from Redmap, so Redmap is now out of the picture.

1). Is there no longer a rotating ball on the Task Bar of your PC to let you know ReRite is processing a file?
    2). In the Inpath, where is a .cfg file written?
    3). Will a RR8 license work in for RR6.2? I know a RR6.2 license will not work for RR8.
    4). Is Wordperfect and eBook Reader conversion no longer available?
    5). Do you have to manually create an OutPath when scan to folder?
    6). Does RR8 require any kind of server restart?

Thanks,

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    ReRite 8.0

Re: ReRite 8.0

Actually, Toshiba and Redmap designed Re-Rite in conjunction with one another and Redmap still helped to create version 7.

Also, the latest version here in AUS is 7.0 and I am pretty sure yours will be version 7 as well.

1. There is no longer a rotating System Tray icon with RR7.
    2. The CFG's are now called Rules and can be created with in the interface.
    3. RR7 licences will only work with RR7. RR6 licences will work with RR6.0 to RR6.2 an so on.
    4. If the file types aren't listed, then it isn't supported.
    5. Unless the Re-Rite services have local administrator rights, then yes you will have to create the folder.
    6. RR8 shouldn't require a restart after install. Redmap finally got that right in v6.2.0.44

If you have version 8, then I would love to see some screen shots of it as from my understanding, Re-Rite was developed here in AUS and Toshiba EID AUS then made it available to the rest of the world with version 6.

Re-Rite was created with a server based installation from the outset where by you wouldn't have seen the Sys Tray icon anyway. The reason for the move to a web interface style UI is so that Re-Rite administrators could access the software on the computer it was installed on with out having to RDP or directly logon to the computer. This is especially handy when RR is installed on a server as you don't have to give users access to the server just to change settings in Re-Rite.

If you don't fully understand the new version and its features, then I strongly suggest that you get in contact with Toshiba support channel and go through the training.

I didn't go through the actual training, but I did get the training presentation sent to me from Toshiba support.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

ReRite 8.0

I finally figured out how to get RR8 to work. It was actually more of an issue dealing with Norton Antivirus 2012 and disabling the firewall. Once I identified this as the problem, I was able to work with Norton's "Settings" to allow scans to pass through the firewall from the "trusted" IP address of my copier and into the "trusted" ReRite Inpath folders on my PC.

Norton Settings, under the Network Tab/ Smart Firewall/ Trust Control/ Configure allows you to name and con

RR6.2 shares many similar concepts with RR8. I feel both versions have their pros/cons.

I have never seen RR7 before in Canada. We skipped right over that version. I suspect RR7 and RR8 are fairly similar.

ReRite 8.0

I do not quite understand the difference between Process Rules and Lookup Rules in RR8. Is this a similar difference between the Global & Group tab in RR6.2 ?

Also, any idea why, with Win 7 Pro, my scan to folder is blocked when I scan to the folder name but works OK when I use the IP address of the local PC?

For example: \\AndrewPC-123\InPath1 is blocked. \\192.168.0.106\InPath1 works OK.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    ReRite 8.0

Is blocked, or the copier can't talk to it?

Usually if you can't talk to a PC using it Hostname, but you can using the IP address, then there is a DNS issue.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

finatics

I just got certified on this product and need to play with it.

Where can I download it from?

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ReRite 8 seems quite a bit different than ReRite 6.2.0.44.

I realize RR8 is now more of a web based product and uses Abby as an OCR engine replacing Nuance. I realize Toshiba bought ReRite from Redmap, so Redmap is now out of the picture.

1). Is there no longer a rotating ball on the Task Bar of your PC to let you know ReRite is processing a file?
    2). In the Inpath, where is a .cfg file written?
    3). Will a RR8 license work in for RR6.2? I know a RR6.2 license will not work for RR8.
    4). Is Wordperfect and eBook Reader conversion no longer available?
    5). Do you have to manually create an OutPath when scan to folder?
    6). Does RR8 require any kind of server restart?

Thanks,

ReRite 8.0

I just upgraded to ReRite 8.2.0.56 yesterday. It appears to be a far superior product to 8.0 that is much easier to work with and understand. Maybe it is me but I had a big mental block with 8.0 ....not that I am not a blockhead .