Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Toshiba e 230/280/350/450 multiple scan to email sender address

Hi everyone...

I'm setting up scan to email for Toshiba e-Studio 230/280/350/450 machines. I have managed to get it sending out emails through gmx.com as this machine doesnt support SSL which gmail and yahoo requires.

The problem now is, it only works with 1 email address. (lets make it abc@gmx.com)

So let's say in a company, there are 3 staffs with their own respective emails (staff1@gmx.com, staff2@gmx.com and staff3@gmx.com) Is it possible if these 3 staffs send out emails from the machines using their respective emails?

After i enable the User Authentication for Scan to Email in the email tab in top access, the copier will ask for username and password when i press the Scan to Email button on the touchscreen. However, I cant seem to type staff1@gmx.com. it says that "@" is an invalid character. if I just type in staff1 and the correct password, it returns with an error saying invalid password.

Any ideas? Thanks so much and I apologize for the wall of text.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Toshiba e 230/280/350/450 multiple scan to email sender address

Re: Toshiba e 230/280/350/450 multiple scan to email sender address

Because the server is external and requires the full email address as the username for authentication, then the simple answer is no.

To get around this, just have the machine use the one from address and get the customers to scan documents to themselves before forwarding it to others outside the company.

The User Authentication for SMTP was mainly designed around authenticating with a local domain server whereby your email server was also a member of.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Toshiba e 230/280/350/450 multiple scan to email sender address

Go with what the owl said. It can be done but you need a local ldap server to accomplish this and someone to configure it correctly. Then the user logs in and the ldap server sends the "return" address to the copier. Usually this is done with large companies which have their own mail servers.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!