Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: estudio 6520c

Technician
    estudio 6520c

estudio 6520c

Estudio 6520c that prints and copies very very dark in black mode only. When in printing or copying in color copies are fine. Looks like the black is overtoning because some of the text has like a shadow or halos around them. Iam not getting any background except around the text. If I lighten the exposure the copies look a lot clearer and not so dark. I have done all the adjustments and even even reduced black dev concentration. Looks a little better but not much.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    estudio 6520c

Lightbulb Re: estudio 6520c

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    estudio 6520c

Re: estudio 6520c

Is the machine set to Text Only in the Original mode?

If so, try changing it to Text/Photo and see if that helps. We normally set the machines to Text if the device is going into a customers site that print a lot of tenders, letters to customers and that sort of thing as the Text Only mode gives a better black.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

shadows

If you are having shadows around images clean the 4 laser slit glasses under the drum/dev carriage unit. It's easier to just take the entire assembly out then reach in a turn the white gear on the left side of the laser unit to open the lens shutters. Then clean the lenses with alcohol. Good luck

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

tHE LASER SHUTTER CLEANING BRUSHES ARE SHITE AND ACTUALLY PUT FINE LINES ON THE GLASS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANING REMOVE THE BRUSHES AND CLEAN THE LASER SLIT GLASS

Technician
    estudio 6520c

Your correct, the brushes do put streaks on the slit glass. I cleaned the laser slit glass and all is fine. The under side of the slit glass looked a little foggy. On that model i am not sure if it is wise to take apart laser and clean underside of glass. Still the copy quality looks good.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

laser is quite easy to strip but a last resort these machines are a bit dark especially on magenta which can give issues with skin tones and cream shades
    I allways blow out the gamma table on a service and recalibrate makes a big difference 08 7310

GOOD MACHINE