Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    faulknerm

Toshiba 2500c with CF90 Code

Afternoon,

I'm hoping that somebody here may be able to help me.

I recently picked up a 2500c on eBay, for use by our local community centre., however unfortunately, it's giving a CF90 error code every time it's switched on. A bit of googling suggests this is a stuck laser shutter, however the technical manual has left me a bit stumped as to how I may be able to fix this?

Whilst I am from a technical (IT) background, I'm the first to admit that I have absolutely no copier experience...however the community centre funds don't run to a technician call out unfortunately.

Any advice that you could give would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Marc
    St Mary's Community Centre

Gregg

Re: Toshiba 2500c with CF90 Code

So you stiff your local dealer to get a machine on Ebay and surprise it doesn't work! then join here to try and get free service.
    I think your request is going to fall on deaf ears my friend.

faulknerm

The only reason we had to source a machine through eBay was simply lack of funds I'm afraid - we're an entirely not for profit community centre and being honest our entire annual income is probably less than a dealer would charge for a second hand machine!

Of course, if we were in a position to buy a new machine and to bring a professional in to look at it we would do, however that's simply not possible.

Gregg

Im sorry but good advice from a local dealer is free, and any reputable one would have steered you AS FAR AWAY from ebay as possible. Especially when dealing with color. They do have a return policy, I recommend you do just that. In the long run you will pay more in service and parts than the savings from EBAY.
    Maybe rent a rebuilt one with a cost per copy in your area, most Bushiness have a few machines around, maybe higher meter, trade ins they will work with you on.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba 2500c with CF90 Code

Lightbulb Re: Toshiba 2500c with CF90 Code

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

But the SERVICE manaul from Paul...There are explanations for all the codes, and instructions for removing most of the assys. You're gonna have to pull the laser unit and the shutter assy to find the stuck/broken gear...All you need is a phillips...take pictures as you break it down to help with re-assy. It's not too difficult. The shutter drive train probably just got twisted somewhat during the move. Emujo