Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    In a tight spot on this one

Hello,I am working on a es452 rebuild that we just delivered. Now at customers office I test all the drawers and 11/17 jams every time with a 061 062 code which book says wrong paper size. The machine is set right for paper size. All drawers work fine with legal and letter paper. Both machine drawers and bypass jam with the check paper size settings message. APS detects 11/17 on glass and control panel showing 11/17 . Paper gets partially through registration rollers and lead edge just into fuser rollers. I am out of ideas and stumped on this one. If anyone has any ideas on this one I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: In a tight spot on this one

If they are set correct (61=tray 1, 62 = tray 2, 65 = bypass) then check the reg clutch set screw. If that is loose then it will mis-register the size.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Check if there is no change in paper dimensions in 08 mode.
    You change Letter to some fisically another format without changing name of it.
    We sometimes do so for customers uses unusual format.
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"
    What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Guess who

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I also found a tech bulliten of a updated guide, the one that just clips on with the mylar on it just under the registration roller. It is reinforced so it wont flex. It said it can flex and cause the sensor actuator to deactivate earlycausing this problem. It was for problem with bypass but I am having problem with all drawers and bypass only 11/17. When this guide comes in tomorrow I will try it out and check your suggestions. Thanks

I found ones dirty paper sensor at registration causing same effect.
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"
    What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Guess who

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

I have seen the main motor fail causing the exact same problem you are facing, although A3 size here in Oz. Does the error log list any C010's? It seems the extra load with larger paper causes the motor to stall slightly. Could be way off the mark, but just something I've seen.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Thanks guys I got this problem fixed. Sbarro had it right. It was showing LD on the screen but someone changed the paper size dimensions for LD paper. I set them to the correct size and all is well. I have never seen this before, assumed since it showed the correct size on the screen it was good. Now I know better.