Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

E studio C3510 set password for Mac OS

hi there... just want to ask something. i have install driver printer and set department pasword. for pc use windows dont have any problem. just key in password and can print.
    but when i use Macintosh, printer can use. if i enable password for dept id in top access for printing. printer cant use. machine blinking but no printout appear.. can Mac os support for department id? if can hope someone can guide me..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: E studio C3510 set password for Mac OS

As far as i know, for Mac OSX, toshiba only support 5 digits department codes...
    U need to install Macintosh OSX Driver as well...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    As far as i know, for Mac OSX, toshiba only support 5 digits department codes...
    U need to install Macintosh OSX Driver as well...
    yes.. u are right... only 5 digits department codes. it works on windows. but for mac osx cant. i dowload and install already driver for mac os. when i disable dept id in top access. mac os can use for printing. dont have any problem. but when i on the dept id for printer.. mac os cant print.
    pc use windows dont have any problem. because of that i just want to know did mac os can support dept id or not? have any idea?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    E studio C3510 set password for Mac OS

OSX can be a pain sometimes when installing print queues.

First thing to make sure is that you are definately using the Toshiba driver and not the generic PS driver. When creating a queue, you will find that when you select the Toshiba driver, it will occassionaly default back to the Generic PS driver.

Next thing to do is to enter in your Dept. Code in to the driver. You are saying that the print jobs are hitting the machine, it's just that they aren't printing out. If you press the print button on the machine and then go to the Invalid queue, you will find your jobs there. They are invalid because there was no Dept. Code attached to the print job.

To enter the Dept. Code into the print job, go through the drop down menus from the Print dialog box and you will find the Dept Code section in there. From memory, its under something stupid like Output or Finishing.

Once you know where it is in the driver, you can do one of two things to make it a default:

1. Create a Preset with that information entered into the driver.

2. We'll Have More Soon and then edit the default settings for the queue from there.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.