Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

E-Studio 451c CEB0 Black Developer Lift Clutch - Part number mismatch?

After receiving the CEB0 error on our 451c and ordering the correct part based on the 2005 Toshiba parts manual (6LA31950000 - Cluch-33f-6-cw-gear-n), I pulled the dev drive asm and found the clutch responsible for liftting the black developer. I quickly noticed that the clutch was a different part number and design (6LA78512001 - MCA-35E). The problem I have now is that the part number for this clutch is not anywhere in the Toshina Parts manual and I can't find any cross reference for it. Furthermore, the replacement part I was sent was 6LE43625000 - cluch-33f-6-cw-gear-f410 which I found to be an older version of the the dev lift clutch. Can anyone help to cross reference the 6LA78512001? Also, since they sent me an older revision of the part I ordered, could it have been redesigned in the latest revision which is why the clutches are different?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts toshibadale's Avatar

Re: E-Studio 451c CEB0 Black Developer Lift Clutch - Part number mismatch?

Go to fyi site and look at dig-200 bulletin. This gives you all the changes you must make.

I'm an end user and have no access to the Toshiba FYI site. Can you provide the details in the bulletin?

Technician

Getting CEB0 on one of the 3511 as many other have.

From what I gather online the CEB0 is related to upgrading the black dev clutch clutch motor. The motor does function and the dev lift sensors do respond as tested with output check 03-433 and input check Fax-On 1-C, 1-B

Am I correct in saying that this error occurs because the clutch does not leave the black dev lift in the correct position? To fix this would be 6LA31950000 or should the cam kit be used 6LA48643000?

I also found this post that state it's a spring issue "the actual problem ( which will come back if you replace the clutch / cam / boss eventually ) is the tension spring that sits over the cam, the 451c ( the replacement for the 35/4511 ) has a stronger spring.
    there is a part number for the modded spring on espos, but the bad news is, if you order it, you will receive a revolver unit hehehe."

Wishing Santa would swap all the 35/4511's for some better models....