Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Fixing scraper-280 and scraper-282

Hi all. I'm wondering if any of you tried to fix these damn scrapers that keep getting broken. Them have some small supports on each side that fit into their housing in the fuser and when a jam occurs and the customer carelessly extracts the paper they're broken. I'm tired of ordering dozens of scrapers every week. Maybe heating some kind of needle and run it through the scraper so it replaces the small plastic supports.... Any other ideas or suggestions? PS. sorry if my english was bad, but i guess you got the point.

Technician

Re: Fixing scraper-280 and scraper-282

There is a modified fuser cover with metal holders that stop the 6 exit rollers from popping out of place, this also helps hold down the fingers so they don't flip up and end up getting broke off. But the bigger question is why so many jams in the fuser? Make sure the fuser PM is up to date and adjust the top margin (05-430) to at least 4 or 5mm because as the hot roller wears anything printed with a very dark leading edge will stick to the HR and slip under the fingers. After updating all my 280 series to the new fuser cover and adjusting the top margin I rarely get any fuser jams, and if one does break here or there I always keep good ones from previous PM's to replace them.
    Last edited by Mr_Fixit; 09-28-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tks for the reply. However, i have a question. What does adjusting the top margin do exactly?

Technician

Top margin is the amount of blank area on the leading edge of the copies. Easiest way to test if this is the issue is make a sky shot (off the glass with the ADF up) with at least 2 or 3 inches of solid black on the leading edge of the copies, it won't take many copies before one jams under the claws if the top margin is set too low.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wow. This thing really helps me. I guess the code works best when the hot roller is a bit worn. Anyway, many thanks. I'll be using your advice from now on. If you have any more other codes or tips on the estudio 163 - 207 gama, i'll be happy to read them. Same goes for other toshiba techs, i guess.

Technician

Glad that it helped, this carries on to the 255 - 455 series as well as they seem to jam as the hot roller wears. I don't have many 163's but what are you having problems with?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit View Post
    Glad that it helped, this carries on to the 255 - 455 series as well as they seem to jam as the hot roller wears. I don't have many 163's but what are you having problems with?
    Hi. Not necessarily problems. Rather general info questions. For example: any bad side on the fact that the developer isn't changed for let's say 200k copies? I have good contrast and it doesn't leak in the machine. Have you used katun drums in these machines? if yes, how did they worked?