Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

Re: eStudio 2050c/2550c Series

Did you try removing the transfer belt cleaner unit ( left of the yellow epu )?
    The auger is a long spring on that unit & if the waste box fills up, the cleaner then backs up & the spring pops out.
    also when refitting that unit there are pegs on the rear of it that slot in holes on the machine to secure it.

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

Technician

Yes mckinley. This is what i've done so far... I cleaned the tranfer cleaning unit, even exchange the transfer unit with a good condition machine and the problem was not there. I will attach the sample copies in my next posts. Thank you for the quick response mckinley.

Technician

Sorry for the delayed I've been very busy this days. By the way, this is the link of my test pattern...New Doc.pdf :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents..

What is the mark that keeps repeating on the paper?
    Have you tried swapping the HVT to another machine to see if the fault moves? I've had to replace quite a few HVT's on the e2050/2550cse

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

Technician

I'm sorry, what is HVT? When I print a black test print there were black marks repeated. when I test for colored, the marks was still there and lines of the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow was there forming horizontal lines across the paper direction. By the way, could it be the dv unit? Is it alright to vacuum the dv unit?

High Voltage Transformer = HVT ( the board that gives you your charge / bias etc... )
    You can vac the dev unit, but you must keep your fingers on the mag roller to ensure you don't cause a static shock to damage the auto toner sensor.

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

Technician

Ahh. okay. That's what I'm suspecting, maybe I damaged the ATDC sensor. Thank you for the info. By the way, is there any calibration or adjustment in HV where I can play with? I cant find any service manual in the net lurking around just the old models of toshiba. And where is the HVT located in the machine?

There's no adjustment for the HVT that will make any difference (there are some codes i once found, but they didn't make any difference)
    The HVT is at the bottom right of the back of the machine (behind the back cover)

Have you tried clearing the gamma tables? (i guess not if you haven't got a manual) 08 - 7300 initialize
    We had one where the image was similar & it needed the firmware re-loading but using the hardwear jigs rather than usb.

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

Technician

Thanks I will try that tomorrow and will inform you whatever happens. In our company, I'm the only one who uses the real manual of the machine and do some networking and firmware flashing for some brands which do not requires hardware jigs. They are using intravia that is not complete and sometimes not explained clearly. As a sign of gratitude, if you need manuals of other brands, I have some to share.

Technician

Hi mckinley, I found that the problem was in cyan and magenta developer unit. When I replaced it with another machine, the copy becomes good. By the way, if I'll request for the developing unit, does it comes with developer inside? Or it is separate? If separate, is there any calibration? Like 08-2000? Thanks for the support.