Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    eStudio 2050c/2550c Series

I have got a few of these in the field. Any comments (the good/the bad) on how you find they work?

Clients have commented on how very quiet they are, their small size and the excellent print quality on small point sizes.

When transporting to a customer location, techs like the fact that they are half the weight of the e2040c.

It seems that across the industry in the 20-25 cpm speed range the era of the heavy metal frame A3 copiers has come to an end.

Some techs dislike the seemingly flimsy construction of the Transfer Belt unit.

I am told this copier is built with a new Toshiba design concept of affordable Easy Replaceable Units (ERUs). Like on some Lexmark printers, a tech is not suppose to try and fix every component, some components are designed to be replaced in the field rather than maintained.

Technician

Re: eStudio 2050c/2550c Series

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I have got a few of these in the field. Any comments (the good/the bad) on how you find they work?

Clients have commented on how very quiet they are, their small size and the excellent print quality on small point sizes.

When transporting to a customer location, techs like the fact that they are half the weight of the e2040c.

It seems that across the industry in the 20-25 cpm speed range the era of the heavy metal frame A3 copiers has come to an end.

Some techs dislike the seemingly flimsy construction of the Transfer Belt unit.

I am told this copier is built with a new Toshiba design concept of affordable Easy Replaceable Units (ERUs). Like on some Lexmark printers, a tech is not suppose to try and fix every component, some components are designed to be replaced in the field rather than maintained.

I have not seen them yet but others have some in their territory, I've heard they are ERU's but have heard that there are PM kits for the units as well.... Our "Team Leader" can't/won't really answer any questions as usual as he's the only one trained on them and I guess we just have to figure it out for ourselves.

I know they already came out with a bulletin that states, "do not adjust the doctor gap" because it will warp it. Sounds pretty flimsy. Make sure they have the hard drive installed if you want to eFile, private and hold print. (and make sure you have them enabled after you do)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Travis06 View Post
    I know they already came out with a bulletin that states, "do not adjust the doctor gap" because it will warp it. Sounds pretty flimsy. Make sure they have the hard drive installed if you want to eFile, private and hold print. (and make sure you have them enabled after you do)
    This is what I'm worried about, these machines were designed to compete and lower costs so not even sure that the units would withstand a rebuild. I miss the days of brass inserts and machine threads for every screw, even on covers.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Installed my 30th one today, no issues so far, customer feedback is really good.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hopefully this model is reliable enough so that "we" can have less headache ~~~

Technician

hello guys. This thread is old but I want to post here because I'm messing around with this model. The costumer had two problems, sometimes there were drops of toner in his print outs and the second it always indicates "Install black toner". I easily figured out what are the causes of this problem. "Install black toner" indication was due to broken waste toner bag lock in the right side. I decided to clean the machine because there were lots of toner inside. I cleaned the cleaner unit and developing unit with a vacuum cleaner. When I'm finished I was shocked because the print outs becomes worst. It has smudges and Break Lines across the direction of the paper (Horizontal). The same thing happens when Im printing Full Color. I tested the drum unit in the other machine but its okay. I done the automatic calibration and its not successful. Is there any other calibration I can do? Guys please help. Tnx in advance.

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

Did you vacuum up the LED head spacers from in the drum cleaner unit? ( two white spacers )
    If not, did you make sure to fit them back in place & the correct way ( there's a front & rear one )

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

How much of the developer did you vacuum up? It can really start to overtone in earnest once you remove the developer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Tnx for the response. Actually, I tried the drum cleaner unit in the other machine and its working fine. The Print outs were fine. I didn't vacuum the developer, just the outer area of it due to the toner outside scattered around.