Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e-studio 656

Technician

e-studio 656

We started with a blown fuse on the IH board. a new IH board board was installed and received a c412 code, went into 08-2002 set to 0 from 2. restarted.

came to ready with a c411 code. went into 08-2002 again set to 0 from 1. came to ready but paper empty LCF, opened LCF and had paper, closed LCF and still stated open. tried to check the sensor for the side lcf, 03 fax off 5 b but the B never came on with the lcf door on the right open or closed or the LCF open or closed.

pulled all connections off of logic and system board and reseated them. reflashed firmware. same c411 code.

tested thermistors ware at .07 ohm and cold at .02.

thanks,

Kirk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: e-studio 656

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    We started with a blown fuse on the IH board. a new IH board board was installed and received a c412 code, went into 08-2002 set to 0 from 2. restarted.

came to ready with a c411 code. went into 08-2002 again set to 0 from 1. came to ready but paper empty LCF, opened LCF and had paper, closed LCF and still stated open. tried to check the sensor for the side lcf, 03 fax off 5 b but the B never came on with the lcf door on the right open or closed or the LCF open or closed.

pulled all connections off of logic and system board and reseated them. reflashed firmware. same c411 code.

tested thermistors ware at .07 ohm and cold at .02.

thanks,

Kirk
    Hi Kirk, i'm not familiar with the model ES656 but assuming it is the same as the 600 series and all other Toshy boxes I have worked on, the Fuser Error Codes are reset using 08-400 (noting the subcode) then enter 0 and power on. The subcode relates directly the to the Fusing problem, if you had to replace the IH fuse then the PCB, I suggest you may have an IH Coil fault, the other problems you have experienced could be related to the Fuser issue - check the Sub Codes.

Gregg

Re: e-studio 656

I seem to remember something about the connector on the rear of the fuser and the machine causing problems, maybe check that.
    Nothing on Tosh.FYI