Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    zaphod

Toshiba E-studio 306_se active/passive mode FTP

We have just purchased a 306_se and was promised the possibility to set Active or Passive mode for FTP.
    I have yet to find such a setting either in Topaccess or on the panel. Does anyone here know if it needs to be set with 0+8 logon or if the feature isn't supported?

I have noted though that when scanning to file the output is a folder which can be good but for my purposes it is not, I have tried various settings but can not get rid of it, can I change it?

Starting to regret throwing out the old 550s since the only thing they lack is passive/active mode setting while all else is exactly as I want it to be.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E-studio 306_se active/passive mode FTP

I've looked into the folder creation issue and discovered that you can't change that. I upgraded the f/w on one of our eBridge 3 machines and suddenly it started creating folders. I called Toshiba support and they said it couldn't be changed. The customer wasn't happy, but what can you do?
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

zaphod

Blerg!

We scan and send our invoices to a company which processes them and publish them on a webui where we can continue working with them, I haven't checked with them but I'm guessing they won't accept new folders popping up...
    Well then the issue of passive/active mode will go away as well. Still I would like to know if we've been misinformed by our supplier.

Thanks for the quick reply arnh79

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I am rarely requested to install FTP myself so I am no expert on it. In my office I have a e2830c using what Toshiba calls eBridge3 Operating System. A check of Top Access, Network, FTP client reveals that there is a setting for Active/Passive FTP to be enabled/disabled. You stated that you have a e306SE. That copier uses an newer operating system called eBridgeX. A review of the Top Access User Guide for this model indicates that no such settings are available.

I will be at a eBridgeX copier on Monday with the latest firmware installed and check to see if this feature is present there but probably not. It is rare for Toshiba to reduce or remove a feature found on previous models. I think your copier supplier did not check a current model before he gave you an answer. On the plus side, eBX has many great new features not found in eB3.

zaphod

Hi SalesServiceGuy and thanks for your reply, looking forward to your findings.
    The Active/passive mode is kind of a deal breaker and I think you are correct in your assumption that our supplier checked a previous model/firmware.

But this might all be mute if the folder-creating is hard set default.

Other features might be great but right now coming from E-studio 550 I'm just confused :-) by TopAccess and the new panel, oh well, I'll get the hang of it I guess.

zaphod

Sorry for doubleposting but I was not allowed to edit.
    Solved the folder issue.
    I don not know the English terms they've used in topaccess but a simple translation is File storage or something like that, there you can choose "save without creating subfolders" which works fine for single sided scans, will test more tomorrow such as dublex and multi-sided tiffs and pdfs.
    Regarding passive/active, it is not possible to choose but luckily Toshiba has chosen Passive which is what I need!
    Thanks for the help!